forum

Minor Beatmap editor options: Playable in [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
joaowojcikiewicz
Tonight I was thinking in a new way to organize beatmaps and to "fit" in each mode.
Basically, in song options (on editor mode), in Advanced tab, replace the Mode Specific dropdown with 3 simple check squares.
like this:

Example: I've created a music only for osu and CtB, it'll only appear on these modes and not in Taiko mode.

There is some maps that aren't made for taiko and it sucks on this mode, anyways, there's another maps only for taiko, that suck on osu regular play.

I think you understand what I'm trying to say. Any questions, just ask me.
Derekku
Maps should fit all three modes by default. Taiko Only was introduced to accommodate taiko maps that just weren't possible to play in osu! standard. CtB Only is a bit of a gray area, but I digress... Limiting maps to "some" modes rather than "all" or "just one" is ridiculous and unnecessary.
mm201
The main reason I don't make Taiko maps is because this doesn't exist.

If you were to make a complete set of Taiko difficulties for a map, the osu! difficulties would remain, cluttering things up, having their own scoreboards, and overall just not being as good.

I think CTB only is a bad idea because CTB is a new mode based on osumaps already, but the structuring of Taiko maps is different enough to merit being mapped separately, at least if the mapper is up to it.

Fewer or no Taiko difficulties shouldn't be allowed, nor the converse.
anonymous_old
If the map sucks [in a certain game mode], don't play it?
mm201
But if you're the mapper and you know it sucks, you'd want to fix it, right?