forum

[invalid] Ability to purchase map submission slots

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
immijimmi
I'm a mapper and have like 20 maps in my directory, most of which are in a playable state. The ranking process takes forever and I want to get feedback on all of these from my friends. If you could pay for a slot for a set period of time I would buy at least 3 of them immediately.

Once the slot expires the map it hosted could be immediately graveyarded.
-Maus-
But why to make it temporary tho, wouldn't it be unfair? :F
Ayesha Altugle
Why not use a cloud storage, upload the maps there (copy the link of the following maps to your userpage) and link your friends to your userpage?
Topic Starter
immijimmi

Shizuku- wrote:

Why not use a cloud storage, upload the maps there (copy the link of the following maps to your userpage) and link your friends to your userpage?
It's a bandaid solution that also doesn't allow me to get the map modded to start the ranking process. I'd much rather be able to purchase the ability to manage more pending maps at once, if things slow to a crawl with the current 4 I have alternatives to work on.

Transformau5 wrote:

But why to make it temporary tho, wouldn't it be unfair? :F
Because it costs money to host these pages for a given time. If it was a permanent thing from a one time payment, after the initial period that payment covers the cost to maintain them would start to skyrocket.
Bara-
As a mapper, I STRONGLY AGREE
I have quite some maps I want to upload
However, you get more slots if you have ranked maps
I have 1 ranked map, and I now have 5 slots
Be more dedicated to your maps so they'll get ranked, and you'll get more slots
TheVileOne
I don't think peppy is the kind of person to include many premium features to osu!. Also why do you need so many maps active at once? If you're not going to rank them, let them grave and you can submit more maps.
Bauxe
Paying Kudosu! or something for slots could work though. x amount per month per slot.
Topic Starter
immijimmi

TheVileOne wrote:

I don't think peppy is the kind of person to include many premium features to osu!. Also why do you need so many maps active at once? If you're not going to rank them, let them grave and you can submit more maps.

I intend to rank 90% of the maps I have ready to submit at the moment. Being able to make progress with more than just 4 maps would be great and I wouldn't mind paying for that ability at all. It takes time though, 2 of the mapsets I have pending at the moment have been there for 2 and 3 months respectively with changes being made throughout that period in response to feedback.

Bauxe wrote:

Paying Kudosu! or something for slots could work though. x amount per month per slot.
To be frank, the reason I suggested this feature is due to the time investment for each map to be ranked from the point they are submitted. Kudosu also takes time to accumulate and would be much more of a hassle IMO.
Bauxe

immijimmi wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

To be frank, the reason I suggested this feature is due to the time investment for each map to be ranked from the point they are submitted. Kudosu also takes time to accumulate and would be much more of a hassle IMO.
It would encourage more modding -> higher quality maps -> better chance at rank.
Topic Starter
immijimmi

Bauxe wrote:

It would encourage more modding -> higher quality maps -> better chance at rank.
It takes 12 priority as is for a map to be past the modding stage at the earliest. If the mapper is reasonably competent, there's a point where the mods go from worthwhile improvements to 'change the style of the map for kudosu'.
deadbeat
get more maps ranked. 10 pending slots should be enough for any one person