forum

Newbie taiko problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stickman92
I have been trying to play taiko recently (1 hr) and just now i realized that my alternating habits in standard is affecting my taiko. If i keep on doing taiko would that affect my alternating habits in standard because i dont want taiko to worsen my peformance in standard
In short would taiko affect my alternating habits in standard mode
Andrea
Since they are two completely different modes you will need a different alternating style for both of them.

You'll surely get affected more from the mode you will play more.

The best way I could suggest you is to play both modes actively if you wanna do so, so you will always remain on practice with both the alternating styles.
darkmiz
taiko kddk full-alt is completely different from standard because you switch hands with every note (you can even use 4 fingers)
Conor
OzzyOzrock
I'd like to hear more detail about how you're playing, because I don't think you mean alternating like everyone else in this thread does.

Also, I'm sure that playing another mode shouldn't affect your gameplay in another. They are all very uniquely played.
Topic Starter
Stickman92
i just do zx normally and for triples zxz xzx
I thought my alternating habits were affecting taiko because i always get confused on what to hit. (for example i hit x when im supposed to hit z ). Because of that i spend 2-5 seconds recoordinating my eyes and hands which is basically doing nothing. {the colour was for what is blue and orange}
Conor
Fatal3ty
You start too hard Maps and start it once but the easy to learn and know the basics. 14 PlayCount not one begins with Insane / Oni or Hard. Begin with Easy Diff! Come on with 1000 Playcount :)
lolcubes
If anything, just playing taiko will improve your rhythm sense better than standard, as there are no sliders for you to get lazy on.
And as people already said, that game mode will not negatively affect standard. As an ex standard player, I can guarantee that.
Topic Starter
Stickman92
By DDKK do you mean the two left keys are red and the two right keys are blue. And what is an alternating style and a single tap style in taiko because that really confuses me.
lolcubes
Moved to taiko forums.
Check the taiko section out, there is tons of information on playstyles and everything else around.
Topic Starter
Stickman92

Fatal3ty wrote:

You start too hard Maps and start it once but the easy to learn and know the basics. 14 PlayCount not one begins with Insane / Oni or Hard. Begin with Easy Diff! Come on with 1000 Playcount :)
When i was doing the hard maps i wasn't serious. I was just looking how hard they were and looking at me failing them because i can. In short i tried those hard maps because I can for no real reason.
Conor
carnivore101
I'm a single tap play style player (sort of) which is maybe why I can't stream properly with blue notes. (forcing to single tapping blues or alternate during streams)
Surono
You like Singletap, or Alternate and bla bla., Most importantly, when the stream .. try to alternately opposing directions .. like dddk, you use kddk, and then you try to hit .. ddd starting right finger and right finger ends well. , and k it must be hit using a left finger .. yes if .. forget ..