forum

Super Mario 64 Star Road

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Galagrawr
Now, before I go into this, I just want to say that I almost NEVER emulate. The only time I emulate a game is if it's something like this, a rom hack, and I can't get it on a cartridge. Buy your games! ;)

I'm sure most of us know what Super Mario 64 is. For me, it's one of the first games I ever played as a child. Just recently I discovered a rom hack for this game, and it blew my mind.

The guy that made this game goes by the username "SKELUX CORE" on Youtube. This is the trailer for the game he made.

RELEASE TRAILER

UPDATED TRAILER

"Super Mario Star Road is an immense fan game of Nintendo's Mario series featuring over 30 new areas, nearly 50 tunes and much more new content."
-Skelux

I have already played the game all the way through, and I thought the game was fantastic. It was very challenging at some points, but it wasn't difficult to the point where I would give up. There are some bugs and issues here and there, but they aren't game-breaking and shouldn't ruin the experience for you. I strongly recommend playing this game with a controller. If you have a GameCube controller, consider getting yourself one of these.

Let me know what you guys think of this game, there's a pre-patched version of the game in the description of both videos.

Okay, I'm done posting in video games for a bit, haha
NaomiMinette
Already 100%'ed the game years ago. Still one of my all-time favorite ROM hacks ever.