forum

[resolved] PM control

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Glass
What I'm asking for is basically an option to only receive PMs from people on your own friend list(or block all PMs, I'm fine with either), because I have a friend whose been constantly getting harassed in PMs by random fucks. And because I often receive mod requests when I'm busy and I feel bad to reject them. so might as well not receive them at all.

There's already an option to not receive any PMs on the forums, so I don't see why it would be a problem to have this option in-game as well.

Thank you.

also, please don't tell me to /ignore them one by one. There's no way to know who's the next person-I-never-seen to PM you and it goes off as soon you relog.
adam2046
Your friend should probably report the users harassing him.
Topic Starter
Glass
It's better to not receive their trash at all than wasting time reporting them, they just keep coming anyways. But according to you, since we can just cry to mods when some random people PM us and start talking shit, might as well take out the ability to disable forum PMs as well. What will reporting them even do, get them silenced for a petty 5 mins? loooolwhooooooop. hell let's remove /ignore too since we can just report yeah?
anonymous_old
Don't open chat when you're busy.

Better yet, close osu!.

Better yet, ask an admin to ban you account.

Really, stop being a bitch toward adam. ;_;
Gabi
Chill out guys ;/. I agree, your friend should report this to mods, and hopefully the mods will warn these people, and/or eventually ban them. Then again PM control wouldn't be all to bad, but imo it would be better with invisble/offline mode.
Topic Starter
Glass

strager wrote:

Don't open chat when you're busy.

Better yet, close osu!.

Better yet, ask an admin to ban you account.
nope

strager wrote:

Really, stop being a bitch toward adam. ;_;
sorry, was a bit offensive wasn't I.

Gabi wrote:

Chill out guys ;/. I agree, your friend should report this to mods, and hopefully the mods will warn these people, and/or eventually ban them.
The problem is these guys are pretty(really) persistent.

Gabi wrote:

Then again PM control wouldn't be all to bad, but imo it would be better with invisble/offline mode.
but you can't PM any of your friends either when you're offline :/
Shohei Ohtani
"Mod request plz"
"I'm busy"
"k"

Best way to deny them.
anonymous_old

CDFA wrote:

"Mod request plz"
"I'm busy"
"k"

Best way to deny them.
I prefer:

"Mod request plz"
"I'm gay"
"o_o?"
arien666

CDFA wrote:

"Mod request plz"
"I'm busy"
"k"

Best way to deny them.
I prefer,
"Mod request plz"
Type "/me runs" and turn off osu!<JK

Just "I'm sorry but I'm modding other song now ;_;" :3
Topic Starter
Glass
I honestly don't see why this is this a bad idea.
Ephemeral
If it keeps happening, let one of us know and we'll kick the offender square in the nards.

If it's as deep-rooted as you suggest, then he'll probably be getting a month or two at the least.
Topic Starter
Glass
I know for a fact that someone is behind this. So unless something happens to the root, or some sort of PM filtering gets implemented, there's no point muting these random people since they keep coming, and I know they WILL go as far as making multiple accounts.
Gabi

Glasslake wrote:

Gabi wrote:

Then again PM control wouldn't be all to bad, but imo it would be better with invisble/offline mode.
but you can't PM any of your friends either when you're offline :/
I meant the kind of invis/offline mode you have on msn. People can't see you online, but you can msg people.
Feno_old
I understand that reporting is a good way to go.
But a blacklist/PM block or anything along those lines would do ALOT of good,IMO everything that involves alot of people should have a way to permanently mute. So I support this.
Feno_old

Gabi wrote:

I meant the kind of invis/offline mode you have on msn. People can't see you online, but you can msg people.
That sounds harder to implement than a No PM mode though...
Topic Starter
Glass

Gabi wrote:

Oh that. But then they can simply use /msg to find out if you're 'appearing offline' and you will still receive their messages. In the other hand, if you can send messages but can't receive them, it's kinda pointless imo.

Also, like Feno said, this is probably harder to code than a command to temporarily block PMs from people who aren't on your friend list. Who am I to worry about this lol
Gabi
Hehe, probably. And i doubt peppy would like offline mode anyway ;P

I'm surprised though that there isn't something like this already. /ignore <user> should imo be permanent.

I mean you can add "Friends" and "Foes" on the forums, so it should work the same in-game.
Topic Starter
Glass
yeah I've seen one of his posts where he said he's against offline playing and even spun out, can't find the exact post.

More inputs please.
Feno_old
Well,like I said in an earlier post: Any multiplayer experience should have a way to effectively mute someone.

Glasslake wrote:

yeah I've seen one of his posts where he said he's against offline playing
I may be misunderstanding this but,you wouldn't be offline,you'd still be online and gaining/losing accuracy and all that,but people other than those you choose wouldn't know about it.

Anyways,that is probably useless to concider since /blacklist would probably be alot easier,no need for anything fancy.
Kitsunemimi

Feno wrote:

Glasslake wrote:

yeah I've seen one of his posts where he said he's against offline playing
I may be misunderstanding this but,you wouldn't be offline,you'd still be online and gaining/losing accuracy and all that,but people other than those you choose wouldn't know about it.
He's talking about something else here. So, there were requests of playing online but peppy doesn't want us to be playing offline for his reasons, and that he may not really like this idea either.

However, I think that this idea would have to be implemented eventually. Because there will always be someone in need of a way of blocking out faggots yet still having a way of communicating with friends without having to constantly /ignore or contact a mod. This would qualify as a sort of 'low priority' think imo, but we'll still need it some time down the road.