forum

Fast Single Tapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Erasome
I can uncomfortably single tap 180bpm+, and I can hardly single tap 190bpm+. Any ways to not die out in the middle of a series of single taps?
DahplA
Are we talking about 1/2s or 1/4s?

Anyways, in general just don't tap hard. Also make sure that your finger doesn't go too far upwards, to reduce travel space/time.
The Gambler
For a mech keyboard, I'd say O-rings reduce travel distance so that should help with singletapping. Rubberdomes and Topre on the other hand, activate only when bottoming out, so finger spam should be easier here.

But those are only ergo tweaks, which only help pros. Single tapping only improves with practice, so I'd say you should tap your fingers wherever you go. I usually do that when I'm not playing osu while listening to music. Music sheets also help (Well for drums anyway)
Yuudachi-kun
I tense my arm to tap 220-280.
ZenithPhantasm

dagambler999 wrote:

For a mech keyboard, I'd say O-rings reduce travel distance so that should help with singletapping. Rubberdomes and Topre on the other hand, activate only when bottoming out, so finger spam should be easier here.

But those are only ergo tweaks, which only help pros. Single tapping only improves with practice, so I'd say you should tap your fingers wherever you go. I usually do that when I'm not playing osu while listening to music. Music sheets also help (Well for drums anyway)
Topre actuate halfway.
Fateburn
1/2 or 1/4?
I can't even do 140+BPM single 1/4 taps...
Yuudachi-kun

Fateburn wrote:

1/2 or 1/4?
That's pretty fast.
Fateburn

Kheldragar wrote:

Fateburn wrote:

1/2 or 1/4?
That's pretty fast.
till you realize that there are people who can do 220 BPM 1/4 single tap

and tbh, during normal times my maximum is about 120 only, only in some situations (like excited or nervous? guess adrenaline helped) i can reach to about 130~140
Yuudachi-kun
I don't think there's a place for aingletapping rog instead of streaming unless it's your gimmick.
NixXSkate

Fateburn wrote:

during normal times my maximum is about 120 only, only in some situations (like excited or nervous? guess adrenaline helped) i can reach to about 130~140
That's really normal. You can't expect to singletap nearly as fast as Amamiya Kentei without being blessed, it's his talent. You'll get better with practice, but don't expect to be singletapping 180bpm+ maps (which I should also add isn't important in the slightest).
Deva
Alternate
Yuudachi-kun

NixXSkate wrote:

Fateburn wrote:

during normal times my maximum is about 120 only, only in some situations (like excited or nervous? guess adrenaline helped) i can reach to about 130~140
That's really normal. You can't expect to singletap nearly as fast as Amamiya Kentei without being blessed, it's his talent. You'll get better with practice, but don't expect to be singletapping 180bpm+ maps (which I should also add isn't important in the slightest).
You mean 180 bpm streams?
Fateburn

NixXSkate wrote:

Fateburn wrote:

ikr, I'm not good at streams
and actually i have never expected my stream skills to be better
Vuelo Eluko
i was able to singletap the entirety of dance number with surprising ease, but idk that's one of the most overrated 0108 maps

fast singletapping is more about stamina than actual speed to be honest. for example worldwide choppers is only 260 bpm but it's harder than any higher bpm map i've ever tried to singletap, in its previous incarnation it even blew the lid off of rainbow tylenol imo.

a string of 10 notes at 260 is harder than even 320 bpm for 3-4
E m i

Riince wrote:

i was able to singletap the entirety of dance number with surprising ease, but idk that's one of the most overrated 0108 maps

fast singletapping is more about stamina than actual speed to be honest. for example worldwide choppers is only 260 bpm but it's harder than any higher bpm map i've ever tried to singletap, in its previous incarnation it even blew the lid off of rainbow tylenol imo.

a string of 10 notes at 260 is harder than even 320 bpm for 3-4
this, worldwide choppers is pretty much as hard to singletap as scarlet rose in fact...
Fullerene-
Use your wrist to hit instead of your fingers