forum

What keyboard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Swallie
Hey guys i wanted to know what keyboard is GooD for osu!.
I heard that WWW is using the razer blackwidow, but i would like to hear
what Keyboards are The most common for osu! players.

:D
drum drum
Moved to Gameplay & Rankings
ZenithPhantasm
Coolermaster Quickfire TK

Steelseries Apex M800 is also a good KB to consider if you have the $$
Topic Starter
Swallie
Thank you :)

But what switches should i use with this keyboard.
And can someone tell me if the blackwidow is good? Thank you :)
ZenithPhantasm

Swallie wrote:

Thank you :)

But what switches should i use with this keyboard.
And can someone tell me if the blackwidow is good? Thank you :)
Blackwidow has questionable quality control. As for which switches Idk. Buy a switch tester and figure it out yourself.
Topic Starter
Swallie
Thank You ^^
ziin
If you're just buying a keyboard for osu, you should buy an osu keyboard or a numpad.

The actual brand of the input device doesn't matter nearly as much as the switch type in terms of raw performance. There are obviously additional things you can do, such as using PBT keycaps instead of ABS, leds, macro keys, and price.

Virtually ever mechanical keyboard is "good", or at least "good enough". In general, you will get what you pay for.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeybo ... ki/numpads

Most people prefer red cherry style switches. I prefer browns and topre.

scissor switches are also incredibly valuable to mania style play due to the singletap requirement.
drum drum
someone who makes keypads: t/273915
Xilly
I'd also like to find an answer to this. As I'm using a Y480 Default Laptop Keyboard, the keys are insanely flat and it makes it stupid to do consecutive triples and streams.
Red Switches I found to be unable to know when you actually pressed on them. So for a new keyboard, I'm considering buying a Brown Switch (probably Blackwidow Stealth) since the Blue Switch Blackwidow is too noisy (as I still live with family, despite loving clicking of mechanicals). But preference is each to their own
Topic Starter
Swallie

drum drum wrote:

someone who makes keypads: t/273915
Well i think thats a nice idea but not for me ^^ because i think 25€ for "2 keys" is to much for me :).
Im looking for a good mechanical keyboard and if the keyboard is good im ready to pay 180€, because im playing very much :P

Symphonia wrote:

I'd also like to find an answer to this. As I'm using a Y480 Default Laptop Keyboard, the keys are insanely flat and it makes it stupid to do consecutive triples and streams.
Red Switches I found to be unable to know when you actually pressed on them. So for a new keyboard, I'm considering buying a Brown Switch (probably Blackwidow Stealth) since the Blue Switch Blackwidow is too noisy (as I still live with family, despite loving clicking of mechanicals). But preference is each to their own
I thought the blackwidow is using special razor green switches?
ZenithPhantasm

Swallie wrote:

Symphonia wrote:

I thought the blackwidow is using special razor green switches?
The 2014 and Chroma models uses Razer's own switches. The 2013 and prior models uses Cherry MX Blues or Browns depending if you get the stealth version or not.