forum

[confirmed] ALT+F4 During Processing Breaks Functionality

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VeilStar
Problem Details:
While I was trying to replicate this issue (and failed to replicate) I had the brilliant idea to try and quit the 'processing/installing screen' using ALT+F4. And, well, by doing so my cursor dissapeared all I could do was type in chat and ALT+F4 a few times to close osu!.

In short the issue is the following:
When pressing ALT+F4 when a beatmap is processing your cursor dissapears and the vast majority of input stops being handled.

Basically the same behaviour as in this thread.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Well, there's not a whole lot to see, but here it is anyway..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2735DQw9RE

osu! version:
20150511cuttingedge
(Also whatever the lastest Stable build is.)
-Maus-
Problem Details: I just found out that if you're spectating a person and try to leave the game and the spectator mode turns on in the same moment, all of osu features get disabled and you are yet stuck in spectator mode, with the graphics pop-up menu. You can't do anything else as everything is off.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: Can't provide, turned the game off already+ it looks all the same

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Topic Starter
VeilStar
Sounds similar to t/314358. (Probably the same issue.) (Also t/327741.)
Was your cursor gone and could you only ALT+F4 to go a menu back?
-Maus-
I couldn't use any of osu's features as stated in the OP.
Topic Starter
VeilStar
Merged Transformau5's thread with this one.

It seems that this is the same issue. Basically if osu! is told to close, but something interrupts it (such as spectator kicking in, or the beatmap processing finishing), osu! doesn't close, but instead does whatever it got told to do after it got told to close, and pretty much all input stops being handled (as it thinks it's still in the middle of closing?).

Edit: Moving this to low priority.