forum

Happy Birthday Auto Message

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +18
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
Yes, an automatic message that will be sent to your e-mail the day of your birthday.

If someone forgot your birthday, osu! wont! <3

Simple and nice~

Peppy can even make a contest in which he asks for different birthday designs and the winners will be applied for the emails.
Azure_Kite
I don't see much use in this to be quite honest. I see the charm in it, but wouldn't it be easier to have one of those standard "Here are people whose birthday is today:" messages at the bottom of the forum.

No support from me
Cuddlebun
I think it would be cute, wouldn't hurt either
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

Azure_Kyte wrote:

wouldn't it be easier to have one of those standard "Here are people whose birthday is today:" messages at the bottom of the forum.
Easier? Uh I don't really think that you should aim for the easy stuff, even though that doesn't sound bad either~

All I know is that having osu! messaging you will feel better than that.
Gabi

Azure_Kyte wrote:

wouldn't it be easier to have one of those standard "Here are people whose birthday is today:" messages at the bottom of the forum.
this ^

Also, i think it would be much better if it was sent to your forum inbox instead of email.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

Gabi wrote:

Also, i think it would be much better if it was sent to your forum inbox instead of email.
^ I think that could work too.
adam2046

Sir Minelli wrote:

Gabi wrote:

^ I think that could work too.
Shouldn't it just give you a message in game?
I mean, that makes the most sense. Something when you log in or an added part to the IRC join message.
Pimpi
It would be nice if osu! send you a message to your inbox and/or a message in #osu or something like that :D
-support-
0_o
I think a little birthday profile badge or an icon like the osu! supporter sign that appears on the forums would be nice :3
Roddie
Yes, please. :3

My birthday is coming up. So, this would be a nice feature. :)
Feno_old
I don't imagine this being very hard to implement,so support from me,it's a nice little thing. And it's the little things that make a difference :D
Jarby
Your IRC name should go rainbow on your birthday. Automated birthday e-mails are pretty annoying, by the way.
peppy
Email is a definite no-no; I wouldn't like to be spammed and I think most people would agree. Other options are possible, but not sure if it would be worthwhile.
Azure_Kite
in #announce
*birthday person logs on*
*birthday person's name added to list of people who've logged on on their birthday in the past hour or so*
"BanchoBot would like to wish the following users a happy birthday:" + <users in list>
Shohei Ohtani
But nobody cares about #announce ;~;.
NotShinta
No support.

Faceman and JJJ's ideas are cool though
RandomJibberish
Maybe if it's someone's birthday they could have a special name colour on IRC or something?
Roga-don
They could receive 1000$ ! :idea:
Yay ! :)
Kitsunemimi

JarJarJacob wrote:

Your IRC name should go rainbow on your birthday.
Yeeaahh!! That's what I imagined at first. But then, there would be rainbow people pretty often since there are so many osu! users, and it's another name colour that could confuse people who don't know about !faq names. Plus, will each letter of our names be an individual colour, or will it be a gradient for the entire name, or will the name lengths determine the amount of rainbow spectrum there is?

I think I'll just stick with the #announce announcement (even if noone cares), and the in-game PM.
TKiller
Your IRC name should go rainbow on your birthday.
just reading this made me smile 2 times. I support this fully.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

peppy wrote:

Email is a definite no-no; I wouldn't like to be spammed and I think most people would agree. Other options are possible, but not sure if it would be worthwhile.
I see your point with spamming, even though it is only one message a year,if you don't play the game anymore, you will still recieve it.
(I do recieve some of those from other games that I don't play anymore, but to be honest It doesn't bother)

Maybe considering another option to implement is the way to go.
Natteke
I can change my birthday everyday and I will get messages everyday as well.
Then we need to make a permanent birthday after the registration
Feno_old

Natteke desu wrote:

I can change my birthday everyday and I will get messages everyday as well.
Then we need to make a permanent birthday after the registration
Or the same user can't get the message or whatever more than once/year? I dunno how that would work but it's an idea :D
- Sugoi Sugoi -
bump
pl0x birthday stuff :<
abraker
Nah, not worth the extra spam message. Useful only for people who forget their birthday.
Bara-
Why?
Okay, it can be nice
But why?
NeVMiku

baraatje123 wrote:

Why?
Okay, it can be nice
But why?
It feels nice. To people who are very lonely, this can be like a dating sim with Pippi!