forum

[confirmed] [web] Ghost beatmaps on search

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Crimson Lacryma
Problem Details:

Some search results output some blank entries, characterized by not having a song title, artist, mapper, nothing. When clicked it shows a "not found" page.
Destroy2777
Happens with a variety of keyword searches when looking in the "all" or "graveyard" categories - I have a high suspicion that they are maps that were previously uploaded, but deleted for some reason or another. (One missing result for Nato's "Nihilism" seems to support this, given the version I have is since "Not submitted", and none of the existing mapsets match the one I have.)

Following is the evidence of the Nihilism example I cited:

VeilStar

Destroy2777 wrote:

I have a high suspicion that they are maps that were previously uploaded, but deleted for some reason or another.
Probably correct.

Confirming & moving to low priority.
Bara-

VeilStar wrote:

Destroy2777 wrote:

I have a high suspicion that they are maps that were previously uploaded, but deleted for some reason or another.
Probably correct.

Confirming & moving to low priority.
There was already a confirmed thread about this
t/301043?hilit=Genryuu
Got resolved back then, perhaps it keeps happening after a deletion
VeilStar

baraatje123 wrote:

There was already a confirmed thread about this
t/301043?hilit=Genryuu
Got resolved back then, perhaps it keeps happening after a deletion
Well, thanks for digging that up. Keeping this thread though.

If this the beatmap database on the website removes beatmaps that are no hosted only periodically then I guess that could explain why that got resolved and is still an issue. I have no idea though.
Yuii-
Hey, everyone! It's me, Mario!

Okay, now to serious stuff.

Basically, what the title says.
The tab "My Maps" will show EVERY single map you have done so far, even if they got deleted.
I don't know if this is intended or not, buuuuut... well, yeah, it doesn't even show the title/artist, it doesn't look that good.

This happens on my Mobile Google Chrome, I can't confirm this on any other browser/device. Not at home, sorry!

EDIT: Oh, by the way, if this gets confirmed move it to Low Priority, is something minor, but I think it could be a good adjustment.
VeilStar
Same as t/326918 - It's just more obvious on the "My Maps" filter.

Edit: just going this thread into that one. Merged.