forum

[confirmed] O!m playfield and mania-stage-right have a gap.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Hi there
I noticed that the osu!mania playfield and the mania-stage-right part have a small gap between them, on certain resolutions for certain keys.

The problematic widescreen resolution is 1440 x 900, (it's the same that i use on my desktop, dunno if that matters).
I didn't test more resolutions, so i don't know if there are more problematic ones.

I tested 1k-9k as single playfields and 10-18k as double playfields (coop mod).
Effected key amounts: 4k | 8K | 12K | 16K | 18K
All other key amounts work well.

Here are several screenshots demonstrating this issue.

Screenshots
First here are 2 screenshots showing the problem.

Now here is an unaffected key amount, to show that not everything is affected.

And now here is the 16K setup again, on another resolution (1280x800) to show that not every resolution is problematic.

And to show that this isn't just skin related, i'll show it again on another skin:

I tested this issue on the cutting edge and the stable version, there was no difference.
I also tested it on full screen and windowed mode, but there was neither any difference.

osu! version: 20150508.5cuttingedge
abraker
I think it's just your skin, mine looks normal. Does it require the screen to be the same resolution? Also do test on other resolutions as well (if possible).

Topic Starter
IamBaum
Hmm i also posted the problem on another skin, but now i also tested it on 2 more skins, both had the same problem. The original skin i showed has also been created by me and i double checked it, there shouldn't a problem, there isn't even a single pixxle free space at the borders.

I also checked every other resolution (all reso's that i'm able to check with my monitor) and this problem is only on 1440 x 900.

But then maybe there is another hidden factor that i don't know about yet.

here is also another screen for one of the other skins.

I also changed my screen resolution to 1280x800 for a test, but the problem remained the same.
VeilStar
I can see the 1px gap, and I noticed the following, though I'm not sure if it's the same thing...

Unfamiliar with mania. Not sure if this is an issue caused by customs skins that aren't pixel perfect to the default skin or an actual issue with the game.
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Oh Veilstar i think that might be the same problem, these white Lines are usually at the very boarders of the playfield.
I think these Lines will just cover the empty space, i just loaded a skin with the default templates from osu and removed the lines, i also saw the same gap as usual.

But you could also try it yourself (maybe it's something different for you)

If you are not so familiar with mania skinning, then just add the following lines anywhere into your skin.ini to remove the white lines.

[Mania]
Keys: 4
ColumnLineWidth: 0,0,0,0,0
VeilStar
Confirming this under low priority...