forum

3-finger tapping

posted
Total Posts
show more
Monstrata
I wonder if 3-finger tapping might be helpful for maps using 1/3 and 1/6 rhythms. I'm thinking of Dopamine.
E m i

monstrata wrote:

I wonder if 3-finger tapping might be helpful for maps using 1/3 and 1/6 rhythms. I'm thinking of Dopamine.
helpful in making the tapping more complex? divisibility is irrelevant, and the example map you provided doesn't require tapping speed beyond that achievable normally. (for instant 270-340bpm streaming, just temporarily switch to tap/x 8-) )
GoldenWolf

monstrata wrote:

Eh, that's an interesting idea.
I can see where you coming from with this, but I don't think it would make things easier. Having to properly coordinate 3 fingers will always be harder than 2.
bigfeh
3-finger tapping needs more coordination and less speed than 2-finger tapping, similar to the relation between 7k and 4k mania
neonat
3 finger like this I guess

ZenithPhantasm

neonat wrote:

3 finger like this I guess

Nah that's Salochin style.
neonat
Using 3 fingers on one hand would be too excessive to be honest, you most likely won't be using the 3rd, if you can even do it in the first place, I don't know
ZenithPhantasm
The closest thing to a 3 fingee play style that I have seen someone used is single taps with middle finger binded to K1 and index finger and ring finger for streams binded to K1 and K2 respectively.
bigfeh

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

middle finger binded to K1 and index finger and ring finger for streams binded to K1 and K2 respectively.
bound*
ZenithPhantasm

bigfeh wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

middle finger binded to K1 and index finger and ring finger for streams binded to K1 and K2 respectively.
bound*
Same thing
blahpy

Aurani wrote:

I would suggest you stop trolling people that want something constructive here, and go back to your FG for that.

Keep the cancer isolated, please.

OP - it's not cheating, go on.
Are you serious? My reply was serious. It's not allowed.
ZenithPhantasm

blahpy wrote:

Aurani wrote:

I would suggest you stop trolling people that want something constructive here, and go back to your FG for that.

Keep the cancer isolated, please.

OP - it's not cheating, go on.
Says who?
GoldenWolf

blahpy wrote:

Tripletth wrote:

Would it be considered cheating if I would bind my left mouse button to my keyboard, allowing me to use three fingers on my tapping hand?
This is perfectly allowed if you wish to do so. It won't give you any advantage anyway, because you can't press M1/K1 // M2/K2 at the same time. The only way of using this properly would be going Index > Middle > Ring > Middle > Index, etc etc. Much like how you'd do stairs in mania. Have fun doing that while still moving a cursor accurately though.
Friendan

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Says who?
says him
if he says it, it MUST be correct, even without a citation.
It is allowed, OP.
Anyways, I don't really recommend using 3 buttons except in certain situations (e.g. triplets) because most rhythms are divided into groups of 2 and 4, making streaming awkward. Plus, I don't know about you, but using 3 fingers is really inconsistent for rhythms, at least for me
buny

Friendan wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Says who?
says him
if he says it, it MUST be correct, even without a citation.
It is allowed, OP.
Changing the gamma for easier flashlight plays wasn't allowed either, and neither was using double monitors to make bullshit scores on taiko

It may not be enforced, but it's definitely looked down upon.
bigfeh

buny wrote:

Changing the gamma for easier flashlight plays wasn't allowed either, and neither was using double monitors to make bullshit scores on taiko

There is a line between "dishonest" and "illegal". Using double monitors is hardly even dishonest, let alone illegal - changing gamma could be frowned upon but that would be really about it.

That, and even if changing gamma were illegal, how unenforceable do you get?
Friendan
how does changing gamma affect gameplay, considering that the screen is blacked out, rather than dimmed? And how would dual monitors help on taiko? like co-op?
E m i
affects the semi-blacked out transition outline of the visible area
blahpy
Ok so I looked up some threads where I thought I'd seen staff say it was cheating, but I couldn't find them, so perhaps I did remember wrong and it hasn't been explicitly stated as being disallowed, but the vast majority of people who I've seen respond to such threads consider it unfair.

As with what buny said I'd place this in the same basket as using 2 monitors for taiko FL / using super high gamma to reduce/remove the dim when clicking with flashlight (although the second of those has been outright said as not allowed by staff so it's a bit different, no idea about the first one)

Anyway, the inability to click with both Mi + Ki at the same time is obviously programmed in to try and prevent this type of behaviour and it'll mess with you a lot if you tried it I'm sure...
ZenithPhantasm
Unless peppy himself says its a cheat it is probably not a cheat. Quit pulling assumptions out of your buttcheeks people.
blahpy

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Unless peppy himself says its a cheat it is probably not a cheat. Quit pulling assumptions out of your buttcheeks people.
Trying to find loopholes to get away with dishonest play is like the most disgusting way to play the game though, why can't you just play properly? Despite only assuming some things that would hopefully be obvious to the majority of people I suppose there's always going to be someone too dense to understand that no matter what

Also I really doubt that peppy is gonna read this subforum
ZenithPhantasm

blahpy wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Trying to find loopholes to get away with dishonest play is like the most disgusting way to play the game though, why can't you just play properly? Despite only assuming some things that would hopefully be obvious to the majority of people I suppose there's always going to be someone too dense to understand that no matter what

Also I really doubt that peppy is gonna read this subforum
Someone link him pls.
bigfeh

Friendan wrote:

how does changing gamma affect gameplay, considering that the screen is blacked out, rather than dimmed? And how would dual monitors help on taiko? like co-op?
You'd see the notes coming from farther away. Not sure if that makes any sense because I don't play taiko and it shouldn't exist

edit: as I mentioned, there is a line (albeit sometimes thin) between immoral and illegal. This should always be noted when talking about should/shouldn't/must/mustn't, etc.
buny

bigfeh wrote:

buny wrote:

There is a line between "dishonest" and "illegal". Using double monitors is hardly even dishonest, let alone illegal - changing gamma could be frowned upon but that would be really about it.

That, and even if changing gamma were illegal, how unenforceable do you get?
The line is only there because there was no way to prove who was actually legitimate

I don't particularly remember when, but there was an update where peppy changed the flashlight mod to show basically "fuck you" messages around the sight if you had anything higher than normal gamma. These have since been removed, though.

Friendan wrote:

Never tried the gamma trick for FL as I never played FL, but I'm sure it was something to do with increasing the entire vision in general (i.e. the outsides of the sight are just dimmed, so increasing gamma should give you a clearer sight)

Flashlight + HR on taiko means you pretty much have to remember the beatmap, having dual monitors means you can just look at one while making a FL + HR play
bigfeh

buny wrote:

Flashlight + HR on taiko means you pretty much have to remember the beatmap, having dual monitors means you can just look at one while making a FL + HR play
Hey this is actually really interesting

Is it because FL will leave a larger lit area?