forum

Zedd ft. Hayley Williams - Stay The Night

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
R4UP1
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Malai
STAY THE NIGHT
00:20:932 (7) - I would add slider there instead
02:00:073 (9) - That's fantastic :D

Advanced
00:30:541 (1) -> 00:34:291 (1) -> 00:38:041 (1) - Better put breaks between them.

Anyways, good job. The map is fun to play, the music is very good and even background is perfectly matched :D Map +fav.
Topic Starter
R4UP1

SteelPlank wrote:

STAY THE NIGHT
00:20:932 (7) - I would add slider there instead
02:00:073 (9) - That's fantastic :D

Advanced
00:30:541 (1) -> 00:34:291 (1) -> 00:38:041 (1) - Better put breaks between them.

Anyways, good job. The map is fun to play, the music is very good and even background is perfectly matched :D Map +fav.
Fixed everything!

Thank you veeeery much for the mod ! Im very happy to hear that you enjoy my map :3
Here take my Kadosu! :D
Exa
Modding done:

I am going to point out general stuff, since there is no point getting into detail.

[General]

- Move offset to 00:00:043.
- Going from 1.75 to 3.7 stars are a bad difficulty spread.

[Easy]

- I got 36 warnings about the distance snap inconsistency, there should be 0. Keep a steady distance snap.
- Set HP drain rate to 3.
- Set circle size to 3.
- Set approach rate to 4.
- New players need a simple, smooth and nice playfield. So don't complicate stuff like this. Instead do it like so.
- Make sure your curved circles are either going towards being straight, like a bean, or towards representing square edges.
- 00:45:073 - Insert creativity, you use the same pattern 4 times in a row.
- This will not be treated by a newbie like we would. He will try following the sliders and making the jump, which is very difficult for his level of ability.
- Don't overlap.
- I suppose you wanted to blanket those like this?
- Stacking is a no-no.
- Keep a constant number of combo objects. Do not use a combo of 8 and then 6.
- This is unrankable. At least 750ms have to be between a spinner and an object, both at the start and end.
- 02:20:698 - Don't skip major beats.
- Keep the same distance snap for everything!!
- Start Kiai where there is an object, it looks and feels better.
- Why are you doing this to yourself :(.
- Last but not least. Make sure sliders and hitobjects in general transit into each other nicely and smoothly!!!

[Advanced]

- Stuff like this kill the flow and are hard to read/play/like. Again, use nice, curved slider when possible.
- When I first started mapping, I used to get scolded by bns for using too curved sliders like this, make sure the same doesn't happen to you.
- I suppose this is a star. At least finish your patterns before transiting to the next one.
- http://puu.sh/i1gnS/e1de1bebe8.jpg - The whole thing here feels weird to play, because it doesn't really follow something.
- 00:46:010 (4,6) - You could just Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V the 4 to get them to be the same.
- 00:48:588 (1,2,3,4) - There is no reason at all to increase ds like that here, there is no tension increase in the vocals and the background music is barely hearable over the hitsounds.
- 00:55:386 - You've reached 20 already, it should be 8-10 max if not a stream.
- 00:55:854 - Too advanced stream when it comes to readability for this level.
- 01:29:721 - Again, better follow the 750ms rule. Or at least start it on a red tick.
- This will probably not work out like you think for most players. Not to mention it's kinda boring.
- 02:13:666 - Adorable, but probably unrankable.
- Also the rhythm is a little bit messed up.

[STAY THE NIGHT]

- Set approach rate to 9.
- Set hp drain rate to 7.
- Basically you do the same mistakes with Easy and Advanced:
- Stay simple.
- Blankets!
- Don't increase/decrease DS for no reason.
- Don't overlap.
- 00:53:041 - What happened to the hitsounds?! This can ruin some combos.
- 01:16:244 - Remove!!! These are supposed to be treated as triple-streams. Nobody will read them as that though.
- Also the rhythm is a little bit messed up.

That's all. Talk to me in-game if you need help with anything else (rhythm, patterns, distance fixing) and do not hesitate.
Hiyori
Firstly, remove Paramore, Stay the night from tags. Its already in the Title and Artist section.
I suggest you use Distance Snap for Easy and Normal diffs http://puu.sh/i3uLv/e0d2705d96.jpg
Add hitsounds for more osu! experience. Maybe Claps?
00:30:511 - maybe get rid of this
01:13:168 - No need for NC or if you like remove that and move spinner to its place. If you do that, spinner starts at 01:13:168 ends at 01:15:043 then,
01:16:918 (1) - move to 01:15:511 notes as follows. Its up to you if you want to change :)
I think your breaks are too long I strongly suggest you lessen it or maybe cut ur mp3 for a shorter version.

Advanced:
Slider Velocity is too high. maybe 1.2?
00:45:511 - hitsounds are too messy.
00:55:824 onwards - this is still an Advanced diff, maybe try reducing this coz this is likely for Insane diffs.

Hope this helps :) Goodluck with mapping. :)