forum

[Archived] Sliders slow down my mouse?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz
Since i have switched to harder maps this has become really noticeable. When i follow a slider it seems to turn down the sensitivity thus making is hard to hit the next note. It does not happen on hit circles just on sliders and it keeps messing me up.

Things i have tried :

A range of different sensitivities
Turning off mouse ac
Bordeless and full screen
Different FPS limits
Different mouse

If anyone can help me i would love you <3
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz
Im pretty sure i figured out why.

I think its just me clicking my mouse too hard when things get intense so i tried not clicking so hard and instantly got 100x better.
So turns out im a scrub im gets too tense in the middle of a song :P
FrzR
That's strange. At first I thought it was acceleration that did it. Isn't it just you?

You can make a test on how it really slows down your cursor. Make a map with straight sliders and see how it goes.
(You can post a video if you want)
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz

Fr33z3R wrote:

That's strange. At first I thought it was acceleration that did it. Isn't it just you?

You can make a test on how it really slows down your cursor. Make a map with straight sliders and see how it goes.
(You can post a video if you want)

Hmmm actually i dont know anymore it also does not seem to be only sliders anymore. Sometimes my mouse will go further than it normally does or slower or not far enough. I have mouse acceleration off so i have no idea whats going on. I tested it on straight slider and sometimes it slowed down and sometimes it didnt. Definitely not an fps drop.
abraker
Try turning off "Enhance pointer position" in the mouse settings in control panel.

Topic Starter
rainbowspaz

abraker wrote:

Try turning off "Enhance pointer position" in the mouse settings in control panel.

Yeah i turned that off and now i cant hit any notes XD
abraker
Then play around with the sensitivity or get used to it. Not much can be done unless you have one of those fancy mice with their own settings.
VeilStar

rainbowspaz wrote:

Yeah i turned that off and now i cant hit any notes XD
Meaning that you had acceleration. Might feel weird to have it off at first, but it's extremely benificial after a little while.

abraker wrote:

Then play around with the sensitivity or get used to it.
Topic Starter
rainbowspaz
Yeah the slowdown when doing sliders is still happening. Its super noticeable because my sensitivity is really fast so when i do a slider it slows my mouse down then i cant hit the next note because the slowdown lingers for a minute.
VeilStar
Wait what? This 'slow-down' still persists while having acceleration off? Could you post a video of this?
Rummiez
I also seem to have this problem. As songs continue I feel myself sort of sliding down my desk. It's me trying to keep my mouse on steady. It seems to slow down and my physical movements end up being a lot faster than what the cursor moves. The beginning of songs is usually 100% fine but by the end I have moved a fair distance down my desk. I haven't changed any settings or downloaded anything prior to this occurring, it just started right out of the blue. Any song with a spinner is just a no go as by that point I have made one rotation the mouse will slowed down enough so that by the second or third rotation it essentially stops and it looks as if I am just spinning in place making no noticeable motions.
VeilStar
All I can really suggest (to both of you) is to close down any and all background processes, just in case something affects it, and trying different mice to see if it's happens with any mice on your PC or not. Also, does this happen anywhere outside of osu!?
Rummiez
For me it does not occur outside of Osu!. It occurs even if it's the only process running. I have turned on my computer and solely opened Osu! and the slowdown still happens regularly.