forum

I lost ranks?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
soulexe
I decided to improve my score on a map (RURUTIA-Shin'ai[Insane]) and when i finished it I lost 139 ranks. I don't mind but I am just wondering how does this happen?

My previous score I didn't fc and I missed 1 note and my improved score my acc is better and I fc'd
Yuudachi-kun
1. Missing a note with not much higher acc can mean less pp
2. If you haven't played in a week, of course you will lose ranks.
Topic Starter
soulexe

Kheldragar wrote:

1.But I didn't miss a note and my accuracy was better (as I stated) on my new score and I lost ranks when I finished the play.

2. Hm? I've been playing almost daily with a few exceptions for the last 3 or so months now
FieryLight
Rank is how good you are relative to other people. If other people are improving more quickly than you then they'll surpass you in rank (their rank goes up, yours therefore goes down).
Yuudachi-kun

soulexe wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

1.But I didn't miss a note and my accuracy was better (as I stated) on my new score and I lost ranks when I finished the play.
That's why I said with NOT MUCH HIGHER acc. A miss makes you lose 3% of your total pp gain.
Noobsicle
other people rank up, you rank down

your rank doesn't update until you submit a new score, so you could play for a week without having your rank update if you don't submit any new scores i think
Yuudachi-kun

Noobsicle wrote:

your rank doesn't update until you submit a new score, so you could play for a week without having your rank update if you don't submit any new scores i think
Doesn't it update once a day or something on your profile and your client needs to update?
DahplA

Kheldragar wrote:

Noobsicle wrote:

Doesn't it update once a day or something on your profile and your client needs to update?
Not really. I think your profile updates once a day, but checks your osu in-game rank and uses that
Noobsicle

Kheldragar wrote:

dunno, probably. seeing as how op lost 130 ranks in one go i'm guessing client rank needs to be updated via new score submission
Charkeyz
A map you got PP on got unranked or it was qualified but got removed.
B1rd

Charkeyz wrote:

A map you got high PP on got unranked or it was qualified but got removed.
Yuudachi-kun
B1rd, I don't imagine you as the type of person who would use cute anime girls.
B1rd
I just use the skin for the hitcircles, I'll change the other aesthetics someday.
Yuudachi-kun
I can't read any hitcircles other than Kamui. I've been corrupted.
ZenithPhantasm
Cookiezi skin is overrated and overused
Yuudachi-kun

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

HELP ME I CAN'T USE ANYTHING ELSE
pandaBee

Kheldragar wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

HELP ME I CAN'T USE ANYTHING ELSE
Practice makes perfect. Have you tried playing more?
Yuudachi-kun
IT'S NOT HELPING BECAUSE I KEEP PLAYING MORE KAMUI AND DIGGING MYSELF DEEPER INTO THIS HOLE OF SMUT
E m i
his cursor is the best gift to humanity.
ZenithPhantasm
I like my inverted red cursor better
drum drum
i guess we're done