forum

The REAL Guitar Hero Topic

posted
Total Posts
show more
Loginer
I've had mine for over 6 months now, without any RROD. <3
Also, I'll be picking up the drum kit in 3 hours.

Download: Itou Shizuka - Honjitsu, Mankai Watashi iro! (TV Size) (Suzuka Asahina) [Hard].osu
LuigiHann
I'm waiting for Rock Band 2's drumkit.

And the wait is painful.
LuigiHann
Also, I downloaded the Guitar Hero 3 demo on my 360, and I can't help but notice that the characters are all hideous monstrosities that look like animated rubber dolls. It's really unpleasant to watch.

Loginer wrote:

I'm still waiting for a GH/RB that uses a guitar with 19 buttons, a drum kit with 7 pads and 1/2 pedals, and constant vowel/consonant recognition. Then the haters can't say it isn't realistic. :3
Actually, the haters would still say "you might as well learn to play a real guitar," and in your scenario, they'd be right.
Loginer
Meh. Just the drums, then. :[
Loginer
So I have the drums. Halfway through Medium, and it's actually getting kinda hard. I've just played through a song that made me do the same thing for about 2 minutes. My arms died afterwards, writing this with my feet. :(
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
rtsmarty

Loginer wrote:

So I have the drums. Halfway through Medium, and it's actually getting kinda hard. I've just played through a song that made me do the same thing for about 2 minutes. My arms died afterwards, writing this with my feet. :(
Green Grass and High Tides? 10 minute song, 5 minutes of that is a fast paced endurance test. Only song that I had trouble with on medium. :-(

I've managed to get my way to Run to the Hills expert. Shits killing me. I can't even beat it on hard (I manged to once but I haven't done it again since) I don't have a chance on Expert.
Loginer

rtsmarty wrote:

Loginer wrote:

Green Grass and High Tides? 10 minute song, 5 minutes of that is a fast paced endurance test. Only song that I had trouble with on medium. :-(
Yeah, it felt like 5 minutes, but I didn't think it actually was 5 minutes. It killed my arms. D:
Other than that, it actually isn't that hard. The bass pedal is still confusing me sometimes, but I'll get used to it, like I got used to the fifth fret. :/
awp
bass pedal is much harder than fifth fret imo but it's only tricky when it's off beat, and then you just gotta get used to it.
Loginer
I'm having trouble pressing the bass pedal without hitting a pad, so quick sections that go pad-pedal-pad mess me up.
In other news, I've cleared every song in the game on Medium, and started on Hard. Also, my hands are slowly getting used to drumming. :/
awp
I need better pedaling, otherwise my shin suffers after only a few minutes. I can go for four hours straight though.
Loginer
http://www.guitarrising.com/
Looks interesting. It seems to offer something new, but it might be a bit hard to play a real guitar. :/
LuigiHann

Loginer wrote:

http://www.guitarrising.com/
Looks interesting. It seems to offer something new, but it might be a bit hard to play a real guitar. :/
Neat. I was wondering when someone would do that.
Loginer
Everyone wants a piece of the cake. Here's a screenshot from Unsigned, the fifty-eight GH/RB clone so far, and possibly the worst-looking of them all.

Just... Ouch. Almost makes you want to throw them a bone. <_<
LuigiHann
Frets on Fire's Alarian mode or whatever apparently has a full Rock Band skin, and at least supports drums. I haven't looked into it too much.

Unsigned does look like crap.

Download: SID - Monochrome Kiss (TV Size) (Haneii) [Kid's Grell].osu
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Looks like the old PS1 or something.
That's just, ugh.
awp

Loginer wrote:

Everyone wants a piece of the cake. Here's a screenshot from Unsigned, the fifty-eight GH/RB clone so far, and possibly the worst-looking of them all.
That game looks amazing for a GBA game
Loginer
I swear I'm earning Shutdown Points when I'm not playing GH/RB. I took a long break from GHIII once, returned, could suddenly play on Hard. I took a break from RB, played it yesterday, had the skills to play on Expert. Just like that.
LuigiHann
Frets on Fire Alarian mod is here btw http://www.fretsonfire.net/cgi-bin/ikon ... 11;t=24664
Loginer
WTF, singing is hard, at least with the headset. :(
Cyclone
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Loginer
Guess it's time for a bump.
Finally burned GHWT. Would've done it two days ago if I knew how to fix SS values. <.<
Illegal stuff aside, the game is awesome so far. Playing it on Expert, and while it's slightly harder than Rock Band, it's not anywhere near the difficulty of the crappy, overcharted GH3.

They also added two new elements to the guitar gameplay. One is strumming new notes during sustains, and the other is those tap notes. I play with the GH2 controller, where you tap the notes without strumming instead of using a touchpad. It's a bit like the solos in RB, but without solo buttons. Overall, the gameplay feels new and fresh, and Neversoft really did a good job this time around.

If there's one thing they messed up, though, it's the graphics. The animations are stiff and boring, pretty much everything with physics falls too slowly, the crowd is in 2D, and worst of all, the notes are in 2D. Again. Damn you, lazy bastards. <.<
eee
LuigiHann
It's possible that this is just my confirmation bias, since I was kind of assuming that this would be worse than Rock Band, but... I think this is not as good as Rock Band. I just rented it today, and have been playing through it mostly on drums, and just not having a lot of fun.
RogueHiyru
got the GH4 yesterday, i only like the guitar, so been playing the guitar storyline. i have not made it all the way through career,but i sure hope lou comes back, it's apparent that Guitar duels are back, so yeah :D. oh and getting rights to have dream theater on their game = AWESOME
Loginer
I've barely touched the game, really. The only guitar battle I've played so far is the one vs. Zakk Wylde.

I had to step down to Hard. D:
RogueHiyru

Loginer wrote:

I've barely touched the game, really. The only guitar battle I've played so far is the one vs. Zakk Wylde.

I had to step down to Hard. D:
^ just did that battle last night :3 i love the game so far. the only bitch is, if your laser is damaged or not clean, it's an SOB of run this game. dual layering problems :p lucky for me i work as a tech by day :P~

(P.S were you as dissapointed as I with linkin parks song being so....spaced and bland?)
Loginer
I'd say their songs are pretty bland, at least on the guitar side.

Download: ZERO - Stardust Dreams (_LRJ_) [Dagonpater's Hard].osu
awp
Yeah, I looked through the GH setlist and honestly, I'm quite disappointed. Now, I haven't heard the setlist and have never heard of half of the bands on there, but the list feels like GH is trying harder than ever to appeal to the mainstream genre. I think I like RB2's list better this time around.

Fortunately gems like Death Magnetic are DLC
RogueHiyru

awp wrote:

Yeah, I looked through the GH setlist and honestly, I'm quite disappointed. Now, I haven't heard the setlist and have never heard of half of the bands on there, but the list feels like GH is trying harder than ever to appeal to the mainstream genre. I think I like RB2's list better this time around.

Fortunately gems like Death Magnetic are DLC
you should play pull me under, GREAT song :D
awp
It's on my MP3 player, I gave Images and Words to my mother, I know the song well, and I imagine it kicks ass.

I also played Panic Attack on RB2, also kicks ass. My brother didn't have Constant Motion though ;________;
Loginer
I hate the guitar battles. May they rot in hell. <_<
In other news, Music Studio sucks ass, and I'm considering giving Rick up.

Download: ClariS - Irony (TV Size) (Hakeru Prismriver) [Normal].osu
RogueHiyru
awp

Loginer wrote:

In other news, Music Studio sucks ass
How so? It looked robust enough for most compositions.
LuigiHann
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Loginer
awp
A B C D E F G ???
RogueHiyru

awp wrote:

A B C D E F G ???
thats what i assume they are. i heard vocals are a bitch to do on any system version.
Loginer

awp wrote:

A B C D E F G ???
You can choose between different natural and sharp notes, but it's still a pain in the ass to create anything decent with it.
RogueHiyru

Loginer wrote:

awp wrote:

A B C D E F G ???
You can choose between different natural and sharp notes, but it's still a pain in the ass to create anything decent with it.
thats the case with all music right? it's not like it "comes to you" the music must flow from your soul :I
show more