forum

Just a Question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Termitis
Is there a possibility to change my actual country-ranking?
I got ranked in the German-Ladder but I want to change this.

Can someone help me out?

Termi
leepdesu
please send any flag change requests to accounts@ppy.sh along with evidence that your flag is wrong.
Topic Starter
Termitis
I live in Germany right now. I should define it better.
Well I am greek guy who was born in Germany. My flag isn't exactly wrong because I still live in Germany.
Is now a possibility to change my Ranking country?
deletemyaccount
IIRC, your ranking country is entirely dependent on your place of residence; so I don't think you would be able to change this unless you moved.
Topic Starter
Termitis
Damn it. Thank you for your answers.
-Maus-

Philantropist wrote:

IIRC, your ranking country is entirely dependent on your place of residence; so I don't think you would be able to change this unless you moved.
Your point is invalid!
We just had the same case on Polish section, a guy wanted his flag changed and he got it.
Topic Starter
Termitis

Transformau5 wrote:

Philantropist wrote:

Your point is invalid!
We just had the same case on Polish section, a guy wanted his flag changed and he got it.

And how exactly can I do this? :D
bigfeh
email to accounts@ppy.sh with your situation and proof of nationality. Though as said, the flag is really meant to show where you live atm, not where you're from
NewOsuName
Play trough greek VPN
Topic Starter
Termitis
I e-mailed them. Thank you for the support.
-Maus-

xXiTzTermi wrote:

I e-mailed them. Thank you for the support.
You'll need a picture of your ID with your nick written next to it.
Topic Starter
Termitis
In a different paper next to my greek ID?
bigfeh

xXiTzTermi wrote:

In a different paper next to my greek ID?
It doesn't need to be that. You just have to somehow prove your nationality, and this just happens to be like the easiest way

the weird names also work though
-sev

bigfeh wrote:

the weird names also work though
u wot m8
Vuelo Eluko

xXiTzTermi wrote:

Well I am greek guy who was born in Germany. My flag isn't exactly wrong because I still live in Germany.
what the actual fuck am i reading. when you are born in a certain country that makes it your country of origin. even moreso if you still live there because it shows it wasnt some freak accident where your pregnant mum got in a plane crash over germany while in transit to/from greece and went into labor at a german hospital.

you're german by definition, suck it up.
Topic Starter
Termitis

Riince wrote:

xXiTzTermi wrote:

what the actual fuck am i reading. when you are born in a certain country that makes it your country of origin. even moreso if you still live there because it shows it wasnt some freak accident where your pregnant mum got in a plane crash over germany while in transit to/from greece and went into labor at a germqan hospital.

you're german by definition, suck it up.
So you mean, if your parents and your whole family are from e.g. Spain and you were born e.g. in Italy, you are automatically an Italian? o.O
With your logic I am german... but having a greek ID shows something else ;)
Vuelo Eluko
yeah that is kind of how it works.
Yuudachi-kun
If only I knew the flag system when I registered; I would've gone theough a UK ip.

Get it. Ukip. hahaha
DeletedUser_3905941

Kheldragar wrote:

If only I knew the flag system when I registered; I would've gone theough a UK ip.

Get it. Ukip. hahaha
bigfeh
Yeah, if you were born in Germany, you're German. That's how it works

since both your parents are greek, however, you might have some options with naturalisation
-Maus-

bigfeh wrote:

since both your parents are greek, however, you might have some options with naturalisation
Actually, not really
According to my Society Knowledge classes (yes, it's a school subject here):

"Nationality is a legal connection of a person with a country. One can get it by:

a) Rule of blood, as in inheriting the nationality from one's parents,

b) Rule of territory, the deciding factor is the place of birth,

c) Ability to set one's nationality after fulfilling terms set by the government."

You are talking about the case B while I and the OP are supporting case A. Get it now?
EneT

Kheldragar wrote:

Get it. Ukip. hahaha
lol
On off topic news, I have an Indian friend whose voting for UKIP so he's basically voting to be deported
Yuudachi-kun

EneT wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Get it. Ukip. hahaha
lol
On off topic news, I have an Indian friend whose voting for UKIP so he's basically voting to be deported
Good. Don't need those pakies anyways
EneT

Kheldragar wrote:

Good. Don't need those pakies anyways
:D :D
bigfeh

Transformau5 wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

Actually, not really
According to my Society Knowledge classes (yes, it's a school subject here):

"Nationality is a legal connection of a person with a country. One can get it by:

a) Rule of blood, as in inheriting the nationality from one's parents,

b) Rule of territory, the deciding factor is the place of birth,

c) Ability to set one's nationality after fulfilling terms set by the government."

You are talking about the case B while I and the OP are supporting case A. Get it now?
Sure, and I know it gets really complicated when BOTH your parents are from country X and you were both in country Y. Just not sure which one applies here
Andrea

xXiTzTermi wrote:

Is now a possibility to change my Ranking country?
Just send an e-mail to accounts@ppy.sh, you'll need to provide them a document to check out if the flag change could be possible.

Even though you were born in Germany, I doubt you can change your flag to the Greek one, but you can still try.

The thread went off-topic enough already, so I'm closing it now.