forum

Stiff Fingers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jeffrey
So I've been playing on a daily basis now, about 3 hours every day. I used to be able to do streams and very fast single-tapping, and was ranking up at quite a fast pace (personally for me). But then all of a sudden, about last Saturday, I turned on osu! and suddenly the feel of the pen and the keys weren't there, and when I played my fingers (both pen and keys) were stiff. After 10 seconds of tapping with my index finger I need to change to my middle finger then the timing went all wrong. Can prolonged gameplay cause this and will resting for a few days help? Cuz I'm scared that after resting the muscle memory would weaken.
deletemyaccount
As with any injuries, you should probably take a break; don't worry about muscle memory, it doesn't go away that easily (unless you don't play for an extended period of time). Your health is more important in the long term.

You should probably also take into account that some days, performance won't be as strong as some other days; never expect to perform at your peak all the time.
Sakata_Gintoki
I think that's something everyy Osu player experiences every now and then. Resting for some days will most likely help since your hands might just be too stressed out. Even if your hand isn't the reason it should help because you might for example just be tired.
Especially if you have that problem for some days allready it might also just be your mind. If you always think about how bad you are right now you will play bad, too. And that's nothing you can overcome with concentration, you have to take a break and try to start playing casually again without caring too much (just try to forget about ranking up, maybe play some new mods and so on).

Btw, speaking to my own face is irritating :)
-sev
Take a break you goof. It won't hurt you in any way.
GoldenWolf

Sakata_Gintoki wrote:

One of you have to change your avatar. There can be only one.
bigfeh

GoldenWolf wrote:

Sakata_Gintoki wrote:

One of you have to change your avatar. There can be only one.
I was actually really really confused

@thread
play less to recover from injury, then play more afterwards to git gud
ZenithPhantasm

Sakata_Gintoki wrote:

Ahahaha
Bcpwd
Yeah I've been having issues like this for a while and been ignoring it and now my tablet hand is hurting a bit so I'm going to take a break till it feels normal again hope I don't have rsi already I have no idea how to find that out xD
KokoaCrunch
meh, thats why i only play around 30 mins per day XD
Yuudachi-kun

KokoaCrunch wrote:

That's barely enough time to warm up.
ZenithPhantasm
I Give Up
Take a day off or two every so often give muscles time to repair. Then come back stronger.
Upskirt

KukiMonster wrote:

Take a day off or two every so often give muscles time to repair. Then come back stronger.

Playing the game won't hurt your muscles(Arguable)... xP

You could play through it or you could take a break. I suggest taking a break for awhile. No damage is done! :D

Kheldragar wrote:

KokoaCrunch wrote:

Actually, it's different for most people.
7ambda
If you don't take breaks more often, you'll contract RSI.
E m i

F1r3tar wrote:

If you don't take breaks more often, you'll contract RSI.
>3 hours a day
>RSI
:lol:
KokoaCrunch

Kheldragar wrote:

KokoaCrunch wrote:

At least I still improve XD
Yuudachi-kun
I am perturbed.
Ichi
Most probably this is because:

You are trying to play a map which is too hard and your hands are not warmed up. Some days you wake up and remember the last time you played a hard map and want to play that again right away, so your fingers mess up and end up not tapping at all. To fix this, just go and play wayy easier and slower songs for a while, to warm up and then go back.

Your hands may be too tired and you should take a break. Don´t let it affect you psycologically tho, its completely normal. Youll end up frustrating yourself if not.