forum

Chip Skylark - My Shiny Teeth and Me

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
Yea, my brother (ProtoAlex) went there. He started this beat map and i helped on the timing. its our first beatmap, so comments are welcomed!

EDIT: The BPM has changed thanks to KiraCatgirl! Here it is with the new BPM

http://peppy.chigau.com/files/Chip%20Skylark%20-%20My%20Shiny%20Teeth%20And%20Me.osz
KiraCatgirl
Not bad, but your timing was very off. I got a BPM of 190 and an offset of 2479, try that out and see if it works for you. :3 Don't forget to resnap the notes after changing timing!
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
Alright, I'll try that. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Yes that helped! Thanks alot!
Extor
When reading the name of the artist I was thinking "I do remember this name... but from where?". When I started playing the song I remembered. XD

You forgot to resnap the notes after changing the BPM and offset! =P

I recommend to resnap them with 1/2 beat snap divisor and then, you will need to tweak a bit the positions, I think you don't need a more higher divisor because the high BPM does that job.

And this is only my oppinion, but I think you should reposition the circles in 1:20. They are in a messy position and are a bit fast to hit.

That's all.
[deleted user]
So doing this! I "heart" the Fairly Odd Parents! By the was how difficult is it? And, where did you get the song?
Topic Starter
RemmyX25

The Elitist Beat wrote:

So doing this! I "heart" the Fairly Odd Parents! By the was how difficult is it? And, where did you get the song?
Its not that difficult, just probably annoying. And where did i find the mp3? LimeWire! 8-)
peppy
Did a bit of fixing up on this beatmap. See attached osu.

As for feedback... I have one major gripe: The song is of pretty easy difficulty, but the note spacing *and* rhythm of beats are both random so it ends up quite hard to follow. I think if you are aiming for an easyish song, you should either space the circles consistently based on their audible distance, or make the rhythm something the user can follow.

I can't say i'm fond of the music, either.. but each to their own :D.

Download: Chip Skylark - My Shiny Teeth And Me (RemmyX25ProtoAlex2006).osu
Topic Starter
RemmyX25

peppy wrote:

As for feedback... I have one major gripe: The song is of pretty easy difficulty, but the note spacing *and* rhythm of beats are both random so it ends up quite hard to follow. I think if you are aiming for an easyish song, you should either space the circles consistently based on their audible distance, or make the rhythm something the user can follow.
Thanks for taking the time out of your extremely busy schedule and fine-tuning my first beat-map! I really appreciate it!!! ^_^
meyou22
This is defiantly a great start for a beatmap. But, again, the beats are very random. Defiantly try to keep them closer together, and in a pattern that makes sense to the beat.

=3 I will enjoy your next beatmap attempt. (I love this song.)
Hitoshirenu Shourai
I like the choice in song, but what I don't like is the beat placement on this. As others have stated, the placement seems too "random," so it makes it a lot harder to follow. You're pretty close on many parts, but personally, I think this song seems more like it was on "play" the whole time while you were placing your beats. Nice attempt, though. >_>;