forum

Hi all! Kinda new to this game!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sakimichi
Hi there! I just started to play ossu after being redirected from a blog. So i got interested and started to play myself. At first it was hard even for a normal mode [because i don't know how to play lol]. Any tips from the pros out there? :lol:
Also. Hi guys! Nice to meet you all~! Hope i could contribute as well. I got some nice jpop songs here that are remixed already. :oops:
Echo
Hi, welcome to Osu!

A tip for you: start off slow and easy, and don't try to run before you can walk :P We all started out with easy songs, no matter how good we are now. So just take your time and learn the controls well and you'll be pro in no time :D
machol30

Echo49 wrote:

We all started out with easy songs, no matter how good we are now.
I kind of started with songs like http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php?p=song&s=131 (I did normal mode, of course) and Still Alive: http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php?p=song&s=92 (normal). I'm pretty sure those were my first two songs played. It took me many tries for my first completion of Objection! :( Oh well...

but yes, start with the easy songs, then slowly progress up. Under All beatmaps, click on difficulty, so you get the easy songs top. It'll take a while to get used to. It won't just come all at once. It takes lots of practice.

Oh, and welcome, Sakimichi, to the forums! We all hope you enjoy your stay here. :D
Topic Starter
Sakimichi

Echo49 wrote:

Hi, welcome to Osu!

A tip for you: start off slow and easy, and don't try to run before you can walk :P We all started out with easy songs, no matter how good we are now. So just take your time and learn the controls well and you'll be pro in no time :D
Thank you for the advice. I started with a normal level and ended up playing like crazy then failed. Lol :lol:
Topic Starter
Sakimichi

buraimaster1234 wrote:

Echo49 wrote:

We all started out with easy songs, no matter how good we are now.
I kind of started with songs like http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php?p=song&s=131 (I did normal mode, of course) and Still Alive: http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php?p=song&s=92 (normal). I'm pretty sure those were my first two songs played. It took me many tries for my first completion of Objection! :( Oh well...

but yes, start with the easy songs, then slowly progress up. Under All beatmaps, click on difficulty, so you get the easy songs top. It'll take a while to get used to. It won't just come all at once. It takes lots of practice.

Oh, and welcome, Sakimichi, to the forums! We all hope you enjoy your stay here. :D
Thanks for the advice and the warm welcome! I'll try what you said. :D
machol30
Also, remember that you can use the easy MODs (Easy, NoFail, HalfTime, Relax) to get used to some of the tougher songs.

but don't be overplaying Osu! like me... You'll start getting insanely addicted to it... :(
Topic Starter
Sakimichi

buraimaster1234 wrote:

Also, remember that you can use the easy MODs (Easy, NoFail, HalfTime, Relax) to get used to some of the tougher songs.

but don't be overplaying Osu! like me... You'll start getting insanely addicted to it... :(
Haha.. :lol:
I never knew mods up until now. Thank you so much :oops:
James
I suggest to use nofail only.
Nakakabobo gumamit ng ibang MODs eh. Hehe.
Duoprism
Actually, I personally don't recommend using those mods at all. Yes they do make the game easier to play, but your skills will improve slowly.

Instead, try to S rank ie. clear a song without missing anything while getting mostly 300s, a 1 star (or a half star if you are not confident) song while not using any mods. Aiming to clear something is usually not the best target (I say usually because there are exceptions such as KOTOKO - Agony [Insane]) because sometimes the map is designed to be clearable to even the most uncoordinated player. This will improve your timing and accuracy far better than playing a hard song with mods, not to mention the satisfaction you get for S ranking something. Then as you get more confident you can begin to ascend the star ratings. If you stumble across a song that has a rhythm you can't quite get, watch another player that has S ranked the song's replay. If there isn't one you're probably better off leaving that song alone. :P Welcome to the osu! community!