RandomJibberish
Many TV sizes are well under a minute

I mean I hate them but it's not like they don't get ranked

15 secs is reaaaaallly short though
ouranhshc
Shohei Ohtani
Topic Starter
Hamuko
The topic of my beatmap is not the place to keep reporting/posting maps with less than 1 minute.
Thanks.

Edit: Unless you are trying to help me, like NATTEKE and the 3 PERSONS BELOW AND 1 AT THE NEXT PAGE. C:
K3nsh1n_H1mur4

Ephemeral wrote:

Not happening.

Maps below a minute long do not constitute approval or ranking. All they do is disrupt the scoring metric and distract people from modding other maps which are actually viable for ranking.

This is fine as a joke map - but joke maps do not get approved or ranked.
Under over 10.000 maps I have, 337 maps under 1 minute are approved/RANKED. The majority in the 2nd option, btw. 5 joke maps for you Ephemeral:

Nico Nico Douga - Misaka Racing by DJPop - 45 sec.
Nico Nico Douga - VS Misaka Mikototo by DJPop - 40 sec.
Nico Nico Douga - Koishi and Okuu of the Sprite Tribe by saymun - 38 sec.
Parry Gripp - Do You Like Waffles? by Encrypto - 28 sec.
Silver Forest - Marisa Spark by Alice Margatroid - 21 sec.

No offenses, but this isn't a valid argument.

Teta wanna just approve the map, and the list of unplayables in the approved list is HUGE.
Dragvon
I don't judge this mapset as a "joke". In fact, it's really good mapped :3.
And as been said already, there are other examples of ranked/app ones.

I do understand that Ranked is impossible due to the effect in playcount versus score.

But i do support Approval. Good Luck Teta.
Mismagius

k3nsh1n_H1mur4 wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

Not happening.

Maps below a minute long do not constitute approval or ranking. All they do is disrupt the scoring metric and distract people from modding other maps which are actually viable for ranking.

This is fine as a joke map - but joke maps do not get approved or ranked.
Under over 10.000 maps I have, 337 maps under 1 minute are approved/RANKED. The majority in the 2nd option, btw. 5 joke maps for you Ephemeral:

Nico Nico Douga - Misaka Racing by DJPop - 45 sec.
Nico Nico Douga - VS Misaka Mikototo by DJPop - 40 sec.
Nico Nico Douga - Koishi and Okuu of the Sprite Tribe by saymun - 38 sec.
Parry Gripp - Do You Like Waffles? by Encrypto - 28 sec.
Silver Forest - Marisa Spark by Alice Margatroid - 21 sec.

No offenses, but this isn't a valid argument.

Teta wanna just approve the map, and the list of unplayables in the approved list is HUGE.
Just saying that Waffles' timing is wrong and it wasn't fixed when it got ranked.

Star. Supporting approval, but not ranking.
Bittersweet
I think that is the player's choice if he/she wants to play a map of 15 seconds if it not change in the absolute the ranked score. As Dragvon, i do support Approval.

desu.
Ephemeral
Approval is for length or score; in this case, length being greater than five minutes and score being above ten to fifteen million.

A mapset this short will disrupt the scoring metric and make itself open for playcount abuse, similar to how the 14 second survival map difficulty was exploited for a few weeks by select players to achieve the playcount achievements.

What this has said is that maps roughly under a minute do not really constitute ranking. Anything around 45-50 seconds would be okay, barely, but something as short as fifteen seconds is ridiculous and really has no place in the scoreboards.

Find a few BAT that can justify why a fifteen second mapset is okay to me and I'll withdraw my disapproval.
Coy
I really don't like very much short maps...
but this map is really well done,
and TETA only wants it to be approved.

As Dragvon, Bittersweet and Blue Dragon, I do support Approval.

o
Zetsubou Sensei
Wow...thats a short map :P BUT ITS CATCHY!! LOL...I soo would like to see this approved! Such an awesomely short map!

~STAR
Bittersweet
I understand what you mean, Ephemeral, but still have exceptions to these points. Like Usatei, for exemple:
Draining Time: 0:40
1,436,200 (with no mods)

Three BATs have said ok to this map, atm. How many do you need? ._.
Topic Starter
Hamuko
00:51 <Ephemeral> : anyway if any of the people who actually cared about your mapset had half a brain

You are such a nice person, calling the persons who cared about the beatmap no-brainers.
Ephemeral
This mapset is well mapped - I even kinda enjoy it personally, but there is just no place for it in the ranked or approved scoreboards.

It's as simple as that really. Arguing the case by using past examples is stupid especially considering that I'm trying to enforce new standards rather than old standards. It's not going to go anywhere, so why bother? Hence the comment. By all means, continue being retarded and get the thread locked. This was completely the wrong way to go about arguing your case and anybody who follows suit is just as thick as you are.

Those people who are being civil, thank you. Your support is actually helping the map rather than hurting it. It kinda sucks that the map's creator seems bent on damaging his own work through his attitude, though.

I'm not following rules that I have set. We have been told what constitutes approval, and unfortunately this mapset does not meet that criteria. A little bit of understanding would be nice.
Topic Starter
Hamuko
*Teta268 is making a 50s long Desu~ song*
Shohei Ohtani
I just noticed that every thread that ends up being controversial and locked has Eph somewhere in it :3.

The solution is simple, and it's what I did in "Oh My God It's Christmas"

Go into audacity.
Get extremely lucky with the cutting
Do stuff
Longer song.

Although, on that song, it was pretty freaking easy to do that.
Bittersweet
I guess that makes everyone happy, right?

(God bless maps made from copypaste -.-)
Topic Starter
Hamuko

CDFA wrote:

I just noticed that every thread that ends up being controversial and locked has Eph somewhere in it :3.

The solution is simple, and it's what I did in "Oh My God It's Christmas"

Go into audacity.
Get extremely lucky with the cutting
Do stuff
Longer song.

Although, on that song, it was pretty freaking easy to do that.
I'm already doing that CDFA.
Utena
Most people (and im being generous here) , if not everyone spend 15's of their time doing a lot of other useless things, not like playing 15's map would really steal a great deal of time to start read a book ;p

I'm with teta, (cause i like boobs)

Im on for approval!
ouranhshc

CDFA wrote:

lol

+1 for teta. loved the map DESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~
Firo Prochainezo
Desu star!
TKiller
herp
Topic Starter
Hamuko

TKiller wrote:

herp
orz
Numbbi
desu~
Gabi

Ephemeral wrote:

Approval is for length or score; in this case, length being greater than five minutes and score being above ten to fifteen million.

A mapset this short will disrupt the scoring metric and make itself open for playcount abuse, similar to how the 14 second survival map difficulty was exploited for a few weeks by select players to achieve the playcount achievements.

What this has said is that maps roughly under a minute do not really constitute ranking. Anything around 45-50 seconds would be okay, barely, but something as short as fifteen seconds is ridiculous and really has no place in the scoreboards.

Find a few BAT that can justify why a fifteen second mapset is okay to me and I'll withdraw my disapproval.
Okay? So? The map/difficulty is still here and the difficulty can still be abused. Ranking this map will change nothing, therefor if you do not wish to see it on the normal ranking board, you could always approve it. I know you are trying to set new standards, but this is really not doing any harm.

If you are going to set new standards, then please inform the public by either updating the ranking critera topic, or making a full new topic. People just can't sit here, map their things and then hope for them to be able to get them ranked before some new rule pops up.

Approved section isn't only limited to maps that have a score/length that is too high, approved maps is where maps that don't belong in the normal ranking scoreboard, or have pushed the ranking critera a little further to make them more creative/interesting should be.
Blackiris
*cough*cough*
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/36657 is 26 seconds long... that's not too much either, yet it still got ranked. And if it cannot get ranked by any means, then approval is the solution of the problem. I'm fine with either one. Star.
Topic Starter
Hamuko
Thanks for the support, everyone, i really appreciate the help! :D
SamiPale
Eh... http://osu.ppy.sh/s/15942 has just been ranked today, but why this map can't be approved? Or it should be ranked? How short the beatmap's drain time is rankable as well?under 1min or under 30sec or under 20sec?
Topic Starter
Hamuko
Cool, a beatmap that IS a joke map got Ranked/Approved/Ididn'tcheckit and mine, which IS NOT a joke map can't be Ranked/Approved/Watsoéver.
Reaaaaally cool.
'-'
Baka-Otome
Nossa, um monte de stars e nada de ser aprovado. Nnnnng que enrolação. ;-;
Boa sorte com seus maps Teta-não-numérico!
Pimpi
Star-desu~! :3
Hakeru
Hoshi desu ~ ;)
TKiller
oh boy, this thread is still alive?
Topic Starter
Hamuko
should be, i still want the map approved :/
swish
:)
Ekoro