forum

[Archived] osu lag on high end computer?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lawrenceowns
Problem Details: I have extreme lag at about 1/3 into the song on my brand new built pc. I think that I lag because I have yet to get a video card (waiting for a 770 from a friend). I have looked at many osu forum posts but none help me. I enabled openGL instead of directx for low end..doesn't work. Limited FPS function, vsync, EVERYTHING IN THE OPTIONS I'VE TINKERED WITH. I still lag so far. I know when put in my GFX card immediately osu will stop lagging my brother had the same problem before he got his gtx 970. I play on 1920x1080 and lag. When I switch to 1366x768 windowed it doesn't lag of course but it is very annoying and small to play on for myself. I'm just amazed that my CPU itself cannot handle osu. Can anyone give me some help on this? Anything would be appreciated.

My PC Specs:
-Intel i5-4670k
-8GB Ram
-Win 7 64bit

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
KinkiN
i5 4th generation came up with Intel HD 4600 right? it should suffix for decent osu! performance. cmiiw

Seems stupid, but have you installed Intel HD Graphics driver?

also for intel hd from my experience, use DirectX
Wingman626

Yuzuru wrote:

i5 4th generation came up with Intel HD 4600 right? it should suffix for decent osu! performance. cmiiw

or he could wait for that graphics card from his friend.
i mean, the CPU/GPU combo is decent. but a dedicated GPU, especially the GTX 770, would seriously benefit him in the long run, not just in osu, but in all of his other games as well. that is by far 5 - 10 times better than the latest "Intel HD Graphics 4000" series
Topic Starter
lawrenceowns

Yuzuru wrote:

Yup i have the latest driver. I guess I'll just play on a lower res... :/
Topic Starter
lawrenceowns

wingman626 wrote:

Yuzuru wrote:

or he could wait for that graphics card from his friend.
i mean, the CPU/GPU combo is decent. but a dedicated GPU, especially the GTX 770, would seriously benefit him in the long run, not just in osu, but in all of his other games as well. that is by far 5 - 10 times better than the latest "Intel HD Graphics 4000" series

BUT I DONT WANNA WAITTT :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
KinkiN
please don't double post. simply edit your latest post if you want to reply to multiple ppls

anyways what's your FPS for 1080p? My old laptop with i3 370M + HD 4000 + 3GB RAM can do 200 FPS with 1366x768 res
Topic Starter
lawrenceowns

Yuzuru wrote:

please don't double post. simply edit your latest post if you want to reply to multiple ppls

anyways what's your FPS for 1080p? My old laptop with i3 370M + HD 4000 + 3GB RAM can do 200 FPS with 1366x768 res
It does 120fps with the limiter on and when it lags it goes down to 25 fps for like 10 sec and then back to 120fps then after about 20 sec back to 25fps. I'm almost positive it is not my computer since this has happened to my brother also on 2 other computers.
Zallius
Since when was an i5 considered high end?

Suffice to say you will be fine with HD4000. Have you installed drivers for the HD4000?
abraker
Are you in fullscreen mode? I have an HD 4000, and the FPS is low unless I go fullscreen.
O2MasterFX
Try to disable snaking slider probably will increase your performance (a lot).
Topic Starter
lawrenceowns

Zallius wrote:

Since when was an i5 considered high end?

Suffice to say you will be fine with HD4000. Have you installed drivers for the HD4000?
An i5-4670k is not high end? Your funny, I'm not going to go in detail with you about that. Please read the previous post as I said I have the latest driver for Intel Graphics 4600.

abraker wrote:

Are you in fullscreen mode? I have an HD 4000, and the FPS is low unless I go fullscreen.
Nope 1920x1080 borderless, but I have also tried fullscreen mode still the same problem.
RvNovae
rather play with fullscreen mode anyways, you will get a lot better performance and less inputlag (just beside that)