forum

Finger Response Time

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xilly
So I got back into osu like 2 months back, and I played heavily for most days, climbing from 10k to 5.3k currently in Canadian rankings.

However today as I played, I noticed that my middle finger wasn't keeping up in triples, streams, or some notes in genera, and I ended up missing really easy to hit circles. My middle finger on my left hand seemed to be twitching. I don't have a mechanical keyboard yet, as people say mechanical keyboard puts less strain on the fingers after repeated tapping. I'm sure some of you guys experienced the same

Think I should give it a break for abit? If so how long? I don't want to give it too long of a break that I'll be really rusty. Thanks!

EDIT: Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll be giving my hand a break for a while then :P
FieryLight
Yeah, probably. I'd say 3 days with absolutely no playing osu would help. And no, you getting rusty that quickly is just an illusion. If you took a 6 month break it'd probably only take ~2 weeks to get back to where you were (in terms of skill) in any game.
E m i
seems normal :|
felys
Don't worry, it's normal.
You still need to improve a lot, so don't start to whine on useless things like that, just play the game.

If you want some hints, try to play with your tapping-hand wrist up ( aka not touching any surface) and try to do some plays while tapping really really hard, sometimes it can help.
ZenithPhantasm
Probably RSI 8-)