forum

Yoko Shimomura - Mario & Luigi RPG 3 Final Boss

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-kevincela-
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on venerdì 6 agosto 2010 at 08:49:43

Artist: Yoko Shimomura
Title: Mario & Luigi RPG 3 Final Boss
Source: Mario & Luigi RPG 3 | Bowser Inside Story
Tags: final boss
BPM: 156
Filesize: 4115kb
Play Time: 01:26
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,96 stars, 98 notes)
  2. Normal (3,6 stars, 91 notes)
Download: Yoko Shimomura - Mario & Luigi RPG 3 Final Boss
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap,maybe it's not very good,but it was my first try! XD
EDIT:Added kiai time and added normal mode
EDIT2:Fixes in easy mode
EDIT3:Added artist and source
EDIT4:Changed BPM and offset,added new background and audio
EDIT5:Added hitsounds
Xgor
Ahh I love this song, one of the best if not the best in this game.

First of all the offset and BPM is all wrong (0 as an offset is almost never right) I think 9 406 sounds about right for the offset and the BPM should be 156,000.
After changing that go to timing > Resnap all notes

You should only need to use 1/4 in this song

The mp3 is pretty bad so I got a better one, just place it in the folder and replace your old mp3 with this.
Download: Mario & Luigi RPG 3-Final Boss (LOOPED).mp3
Note that you have to full submit after changing to this mp3 (and background)

Also the background is pretty low quality imo
I found this and think it's way better (And spoiler free)

Remove your old background from the folder if you use this one.

There is no hitsounds in the map at all.

Official Ranking Submission Criteria wrote:

You must use hit sounds. Without these things get way too monotonous as you are throwing away one of the main elements of variation present in mapping.
It's the things on the sounds, you can attach them to the circles and sliders and make them sound more interesting.
Check some ranked maps, they all use them.

Well that's it for now, I sense some potential that this can be good but it needs quite some work before it's ready for ranking.

Topic Starter
-kevincela-

Xgor wrote:

Ahh I love this song, one of the best if not the best in this game.

First of all the offset and BPM is all wrong (0 as an offset is almost never right) I think 9 406 sounds about right for the offset and the BPM should be 156,000.
After changing that go to timing > Resnap all notes Done

You should only need to use 1/4 in this song

The mp3 is pretty bad so I got a better one, just place it in the folder and replace your old mp3 with this.
[attachment=1:2b324]Mario & Luigi RPG 3-Final Boss (LOOPED).mp3[/attachment:2b324] Done
Note that you have to full submit after changing to this mp3 (and background)

Also the background is pretty low quality imo
I found this and think it's way better (And spoiler free)
[attachment=0:2b324]mario-and-luigi-bowsers-inside-story-wallpaper.jpg[/attachment:2b324]
Remove your old background from the folder if you use this one. Done

There is no hitsounds in the map at all.

Official Ranking Submission Criteria wrote:

You must use hit sounds. Without these things get way too monotonous as you are throwing away one of the main elements of variation present in mapping.
It's the things on the sounds, you can attach them to the circles and sliders and make them sound more interesting.
Check some ranked maps, they all use them. I'll do it later ;)

Well that's it for now, I sense some potential that this can be good but it needs quite some work before it's ready for ranking.
Thanks for the help ^^
Feno_old
Easy:
That spinner at the end should be fixed,spinners should generally not be longer than 6 seconds,your spinner is 13. So that part can definitly be improved.

Normal:
00:14:662 (3) - That just sounds bad IMO,extend it a bit and shorten it on the timeline,open the spoiler for a screenshot. 00:30:047 (3,4) - Move them both up a grid.
00:39:277 (2) - Just like with the last slider,it doesn't sound good. Another screenshot of something that sounds better. 00:45:816 (3) - Move it slightly to the right on the timeline. The way it is now is just a bit too early.
00:52:739 (1) - Move it one grid to the left.
00:55:047 (2) - Move it one grid up.
01:02:162 (4) - Shorten the duration on the timeline,make it 4 "taps" long.
01:08:380 (3) - ^
01:14:470 (3) - Make the slider the same as ^
01:17:098 (4) - Make it one beat shorter.
01:23:252 (6) - Make it one beat shorter,and maybe lower the voulme of it,right now it's pretty loud.
Topic Starter
-kevincela-

Feno wrote:

Easy:
That spinner at the end should be fixed,spinners should generally not be longer than 6 seconds,your spinner is 13. So that part can definitly be improved.

Normal:
00:14:662 (3) - That just sounds bad IMO,extend it a bit and shorten it on the timeline,open the spoiler for a screenshot. 00:30:047 (3,4) - Move them both up a grid.
00:39:277 (2) - Just like with the last slider,it doesn't sound good. Another screenshot of something that sounds better. 00:45:816 (3) - Move it slightly to the right on the timeline. The way it is now is just a bit too early.
00:52:739 (1) - Move it one grid to the left.
00:55:047 (2) - Move it one grid up.
01:02:162 (4) - Shorten the duration on the timeline,make it 4 "taps" long.
01:08:380 (3) - ^
01:14:470 (3) - Make the slider the same as ^
01:17:098 (4) - Make it one beat shorter.
01:23:252 (6) - Make it one beat shorter,and maybe lower the voulme of it,right now it's pretty loud.
All done,thanks for the help ^^
TuningSquall
fantastic map!Star
ignorethis
Timing is completely messed up. Use this. BPM: 156 Offset: 35

Dunno how Xgor got offset 9,406 but that sounds completely off for me. (You're not using his mp3 right?)

Title, source and tags are wrong. From what I have seen this song is called "In the Final". Source should be capitalised. Use colon instead of slash. Remove all the tags except final boss.

The map's having bad hitounds, the finishes in the map spoiled the song totally. Revamp them, use finishes only when necessary.
Xgor

ignorethis wrote:

Dunno how Xgor got offset 9,406 but that sounds completely off for me. (You're not using his mp3 right?)
Sorry... I'm a terrible timer.....
Also.. I can't remember what mp3 I timed but I guess i used the old one so that's might be why it's got screwed up.
Topic Starter
-kevincela-
Later i'm going to fix all,thanks for the help ignorethis!
Infinity_old
nice map , ~star
James2250
You need to resnap notes after you change the timing (go to timing - resnap all notes) then go through and make sure it all sounds ok
some of the notes might go to blue ticks when you resnap so go through and change them all back to white ticks (not going to point all of those out)
Remove mario luigi rpg 3 bowser inside story from tags as mentioned before
Remove 90% of finish hitsounds and really work on the rest of them
Not really going to do full mod atm as it seems some of the other corrections mentioned have not been fixed (fix title, source,hitsounds etc)
You will need a preview point on both difficulties
Delete the osb in the folder and do full submit...you don't need it because you have no storyboard

Easy:
use some more sliders having so many notes gets boring after a while, try and mix it up
01:23:304 (8) - this isn't creative, try and split it up to several sliders and make some nice patterns with them or something
decrease the hp drain by at least 2 and I would say decrease overall diff by 1

Normal:
finishes seriously need work but im happy to see more slider usage in this one but don't make them all straight, try experimenting
with some curved ones under compose - slider curve type
01:17:098 (4) - again don't have long repeating sliders like this as its not fun for the player

I will be happy to do a full mod once everything else has been fixed (although from first glance the spacing seems ok) if you want to send me a PM or catch me on osu
I will star once fixes are made~
Topic Starter
-kevincela-

James2250 wrote:

You need to resnap notes after you change the timing (go to timing - resnap all notes) then go through and make sure it all sounds ok
some of the notes might go to blue ticks when you resnap so go through and change them all back to white ticks (not going to point all of those out) Done
Remove mario luigi rpg 3 bowser inside story from tags as mentioned before Done
Remove 90% of finish hitsounds and really work on the rest of them Done
Not really going to do full mod atm as it seems some of the other corrections mentioned have not been fixed (fix title, source,hitsounds etc)
You will need a preview point on both difficulties Sorry,I don't know what is a preview point...
Delete the osb in the folder and do full submit...you don't need it because you have no storyboard Done

Easy:
use some more sliders having so many notes gets boring after a while, try and mix it up Done
01:23:304 (8) - this isn't creative, try and split it up to several sliders and make some nice patterns with them or something Done
decrease the hp drain by at least 2 and I would say decrease overall diff by 1 Done

Normal:
finishes seriously need work but im happy to see more slider usage in this one but don't make them all straight, try experimenting
with some curved ones under compose - slider curve type Maybe i'll do this later
01:17:098 (4) - again don't have long repeating sliders like this as its not fun for the player Done

I will be happy to do a full mod once everything else has been fixed (although from first glance the spacing seems ok) if you want to send me a PM or catch me on osu
I will star once fixes are made~
Thanks for the help!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.