forum

The Living Tombstone - It's Been So Long

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Timorisu
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Montag, 13. April 2015 at 23:17:42

Artist: The Living Tombstone
Title: It's Been So Long
Tags: tlt fnaf 5naf five nights at freddys freddy foxy bonnie chica
BPM: 96
Filesize: 17814kb
Play Time: 02:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3,15 stars, 292 notes)
  2. Insane (4,53 stars, 395 notes)
Download: The Living Tombstone - It's Been So Long
Download: The Living Tombstone - It's Been So Long (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Yo̧ųr ͠şweet ̷li͘tt́le e͝ye̛s͡, y͡o͞u͟r ͞s̕weet ͡ļi̛tt҉le smi͘le̸

Ȉ̃͆̈́s̃ͭ̅̍ͥ̓ͨ̕ ̧a̵ͦ̓l̓͆ͧ͂̍ͮͬ͝lͪ̑ͫ̈́̾ ͗ͭ̃͒͂̒I̷̒̋̊̌̍ͤ ͨ̑ͨṙ̾͛e̡͂͒ͬ̈̇m̸̈̓̐́̅ͪeṁ́b͋̇̚e͑͌ͦr̒ͤ̉͠

Ț͐̄h̹̠͖̓̊͗ͯ̉̂o̠ͤsͯe̴̍̆ ̘ͤͩ̅ͧ͐f̝u̶͚̬̱͍̬̒̂͋zͦ̔̀ͣ҉ẑ̗̬̝ͦ̆̓y̸̺̪͚̟̟͎̥ͭͥͤ̈́ ̩͈͇̝̩͈mͤ͑ͫͥ̀҉͎̘̞̘ͅe͓͉̪̗̭̦̓m̛̽̇ͮ̾o̙͌ͨ̔̂ͩ̂ͮ̀r͑͏̱̠̮̖̝̲i͈ͥͥ̀͒ͥ͌e͉͕̬̞̩͆̾̈́̓̈́͑s̨̯͇̳͍̪͉ͥ͒̇ͅ ̠̠̱̰͟ͅm͙͚̫̣͝e̥ş̖͎͖̩̯́͑̅ͫ̊͛s̈́ͬ ̢̼̹̬̩ͮ̋͂w̜͛̒iͦ̆̽͐̍̔t̴͖̺̭͈͕̾͆͂ͮ̽͐͋h̯̹̑̇̈̋́ ͥ͂̊͐҉̪͍̩͎͎͔̩m͚̪̭̤͋̐ͬ̌͂̋͌ͅy̡̦͔̹̺̤͙͍̚ ̪͚͖̑̇ͬͬͅt̲̓͌̄̃̅̚ͅe̺̼̖̯ͥ͒͐̽ͅṃ̪̱̑͊̊̔̋p̮̻̻e̼̰͓̞̘̩̓̌r̙̤͍͒̀̎

I̲̗̭̜̩͈̪̼̔ͬ̿̂̓̒̈́̚t͓̟̐̋ͬ̓͠'̶̮͈̬̼͔̮̜͉̝̇̐̔̅͌ͭͤ͊s̷̱͉̱͍̳̊̓̿͑̆͟ ̟̝̐̚̕b̵̰̲͓̱ͦ̿͆͘͢e͎̹͊ͪ͆̍ͫḛ͔̮̮̬̦ͨ̌̌ͅn̵̖̺̗͎͒̀ͅ ͇̬͇̠͕͍̞̯̻ͫ̒̽̆ͨͫs̮̦͖̲̪̯ͣ̀͘͟ŏ̖̗ͣ̏̚ͅ ̷̡̦͉̮͖̝̭̜̈ͭ̅̌ͨͯͫͦ͝l̸̡̛̲̥̗͙ͬͣȯ̶̻̝͋͒͌̂n̎͗̅̈́̈́ͫ̎̾͏͙͕̳̫̻̗͎g͖̥̫̼̭ͫͬ͋̉̚̕͢͝.̰̫͓̰̗̻̘ͦͯ̉̊̐̋ͭ.T̮͍̮̦̮̭̲̯͙̱̲̪̰̞͉͎͑ͬͧ̄̆̃̐̚͢͞͠o̶̡̹̫̬̙͉͈̩̗͖̪͍̖͔ͣ̿ͦ̐̓̌̏̒ͭ̊ͭͦ̽͌̎͆͒̾ͭ͟͡o͂͒̿ͪ̆͏̘̰͉̰̪̖͈̟̪̰͓̞̕̕ ̶̄̍̊͋ͮ̋̎ͤ̀́͝͏͇̬̱̗͇̲͙̠͔͙͔̬͈̳̬̞̙̩̼l̨͚͍̘ͣͮ͂ͧͩ̿ͨ̽ͥ͂ͬ̒̑̆͐ͧ͢o̼̠̼̱̼͎̖͙̥̖̟̗͈͖͙ͩͪͫ̓ͯ̅͑ͦ͐ͦͤ͊̌̽͢͡͞ͅn̷̒͆̌͒̏̾̂͒͛ͯ̾̒̎̅͑͆ͪ̚͟͝͏̴̣̘̦͇̯̗̹̪̩͖g̴̛̙̯̦̐ͨ̇ͧ̆ͦ͒̓̾̌̉̑̏̏̓ͩ̚̚̕.̶̼̣͙̥̗̥̙̥̟̥ͥͪͮͩ͝͡.
ziin
Don't like the song much. Map feels too busy. When I deleted all the notes it was a little better, but I noticed especially near the end there are no 1/4 notes in the song anywhere. It's all 1/2 notesin the music, but you put in a bunch of 1/4 in an effort to make the song more difficult. Doesn't really fit the music IMO. Not everything has to be fuckhard ya know?

01:10:040 (1) - this section is all 1/6

Other than that, very professionally done except for the silenced slider ticks. Apparently that's no longer a rule/guideline which is cool, but it's bad form IMO and doesn't kill the map.

96 BPM is correct.
Topic Starter
Timorisu
By 'last part' I take it you mean the last kiai? I put the 1/4 circles on lyrics and 1/4 sliders on instruments (so you still click in a 1/2 fashion but have more intensity). For example:

02:11:915 (5,6,7,1,2,3) - Here the notes are placed on the 'Since I last have seen' part. While the section is a mix of 1/4 circles and 1/4 sliders you'll notice that you still click perfectly according to the lyrics.

02:15:821 (2,3,4,5) - Here the notes are placed on the 'To the man' part. While 2,3,4 are on the lyrics 5 is on the white tick to support the heavy instrument.

02:17:227 (6,7,1) - Here the notes are placed on the 'The slaughter' part. Again, while 6,7 are on the lyrics 1 is on the white tick.

Finding a good balance between the lyrics and instruments was quite hard and may not have worked as well as I wish it had, since the lyrics seem to skip just about every white tick.

Fixed the 1/6 section, will update when the Hard is done :P
*slaps you with a little kudosu*
ziin
You don't have to map the lyrics. It's probably not a good idea in this case, but I have a particular taste in maps different from a lot of people and am vehemently opposed to overmapping. Slider ends on 1/4 are fine since they are passive notes.

Anyway, while taking a second look, I realized that the entire song is on 1/6. The lyrics may or may not land on 1/4, but the drums definitely never hit 1/4. This is probably the major reason it's hard for me to feel the rhythm in this map.

here's a few questionable notes IMO.
02:10:196 (2,4) -
02:18:946 (4) -
02:24:258 (7) - This kick is actually also on 1/6, so it's one of those "should you really map this?" moments.

There have been ranked maps in the past that change 1/6 into 1/4 (usually 4 triplets into straight triples) but those are usually due to making it easier, and the song is generally not in 1/6.

So I think if you remap most of the map to fit 1/6, you'll have a much harder beatmap, and honestly, go ahead and make up notes. It won't sound bad to overmap in 1/6 on this song mainly because the 1/2 notes sound like 3/6 notes. Kinda hard to explain I guess. I don't have a problem with overmapping if you're making up a new part that doesn't sound terrible. 1/4 DOES sound terrible to me.
CornSoda
Try improving in some parts with timing,there was a bit at the end that was a bit off.I'm not good at map making,but I can tell timeing off when I see it. ;)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.