forum

Hey...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kasada
I'm Kasada and I'm a big fan of the Ouendan series. I've played the 2'nd and recently ordered the first. I stumbled upon this and I instantly signed up. I'm really good at the DS game (S'd SSAY on Insane recently), but this is totally different due to the controls. Practice makes perfect. I'm currently working on a Beatmap for Melody by 175R. It's mostly for my own enjoyment as I'm trying to get used to the game, but I'll probably upload it and see what ya'll think.
chan
Hi and welcome~

Controls are arguably hard to pick up, shouldn't be too hard if you've actually played Ouendan on DS. Of course if you had a tablet, there shouldn't be any problems at all, but I think mouse is pretty adequate for Osu. Also a lot of the ranked beatmaps are made taking into account the limitations of mouse movement.

Look forward to modding some Ouendan inspired beatmaps from you, hope you check out the FAQ :)
Echo
Hiya!

I already have all four original difficulties of Melody mapped out here... that doesn't mean you can't work on it though - in fact, I'd like to see how you go with mapping it, since I know mine isn't perfect :P

Don't let me stop you though, just do what you want. There's nothing wrong with having multiple copies of the same song. You can also make your own map to the song instead of copying the ones from Ouendan to give an old song new flavour :D
Topic Starter
Kasada
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, my Beatmap so far isn't supposed to re-create the original. You can easily tell when I throw in some triplets at the end of the first section. The editor works really well. By the way, what were the timing settings you used? I'm currently using 137 BPM and an offset of 28,896.
chan
Well I haven't actually tried out your map yet, so I can't say. Generally, this kind of conversation would belong in the thread for your beatmap.
Topic Starter
Kasada
Actually, the question was for Echo, seeing as he already mapped the song before.
Sinistro
You are allowed to open other people's beatmaps in Editor, so you can get Echo's timing settings straight from his beatmap.
Echo
137.32/13950 is what I'm using. My music file was put together straight from the rom though.
Ph0X
I'm a big fan of ouendan series too, let's be friends.