forum

Poll : mouse only players nowadays

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MouseOnly25
Hi
I make this topic to know how many mouse only players are there? :P
do you think the setup and gaming hardware are important to have high skill in osu!?
I went playing with microsoft 1.1 who is a cheap and ordinary mouse, then i took razer deathadder for about 7 months and now i use a steelseries rival mouse which is nice for me except for hard clicks.
¿Do you prefer high DPI or low DPI?, would be nice what do you guys think about that?

I find mouse only fun to play and stay with ;)
ZenithPhantasm
Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 1.1a use the MLT04 which is arguably one of the best sensors ever made. Why you would downgrade to all these other mice is beyond my comprehension.
Topic Starter
MouseOnly25

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Microsoft 1.1 has arguably one of the best sensors ever made. Why you would downgrade to all these other mice is beyond my comprehension.
maybe you're thinking about the other version of 1.1, i had this one
ZenithPhantasm

Mouse Guide 2.0 wrote:

Microsoft WMO 1.1
-Sensor: STMicroelectronics OS MLT 04
-Weight: 72 grams (without the cord)
-Shape: Ambidextrous
-Coating: Standard plastic. Versions with matte or glossy aftermarket coating available for purchase.
-Buttons: 3
-Switches used for LMB and RMB: Slightly mushy in actuation. Does not feel as crisp as the standard omron switches found in most modern gaming mice. Some people mention that later versions have slightly better feeling switches. I myself have used many WMO 1.1 for a long time and never noticed a difference.
-Quality/ Design issues: The stock cord on the WMO is thick, heavy, and not very flexible. There can be "phantom scolling"/"scroll jump" where the mouse scrolls one click when moving it (typically WMO users unbind scroll). Often, when you slam the mouse down too hard on the mousepad after picking it up, the LMB or RMB might actuate.

The original Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical, a mouse that was produced without the intention of it being a gaming mouse. However, it has become somewhat of a classic gaming mouse. This is both due to the sensor performance, and it having no acceleration or prediction, but also because a lot of tournaments were won by well-known players with this mouse. In Quake, players like Cypher and Rapha have used it, and still used it recently to dominate Dreamhack winter 2013. In Counter Strike, a lot of players, (for example, Spawn, though not anymore) use the mouse. Another reason why people love this mouse is its extremely low weight

The downside to this mouse is that the max perfect tracking speed is rather low at only 1.0 m/s. However, it can be "overclocked" by increasing the USB sample rate, and the max perfect tracking speed increases to around 1.5 m/s when overclocked to 500Hz or more. You can find more info on how to do this here MORE . While the mouse is discontinued, original and re-coated *(but legitimate) versions continue to be available, mostly from China.
bigfeh
I now use the keyboard to streams (so it's not exactly pure mouse) but I still do most of the tapping on the mouse. I have also played pure mouse for most of my osu! career

I prefer high cpi because low cpi is bad

and yes a good mouse is very very very important. You won't get past shit tier if you have a bad mouse unless you're silvia (but his aim is shit anyways, his plays are click impressive)
Topic Starter
MouseOnly25

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Mouse Guide 2.0 wrote:

Microsoft WMO 1.1
-Sensor: STMicroelectronics OS MLT 04
-Weight: 72 grams (without the cord)
-Shape: Ambidextrous
-Coating: Standard plastic. Versions with matte or glossy aftermarket coating available for purchase.
-Buttons: 3
-Switches used for LMB and RMB: Slightly mushy in actuation. Does not feel as crisp as the standard omron switches found in most modern gaming mice. Some people mention that later versions have slightly better feeling switches. I myself have used many WMO 1.1 for a long time and never noticed a difference.
-Quality/ Design issues: The stock cord on the WMO is thick, heavy, and not very flexible. There can be "phantom scolling"/"scroll jump" where the mouse scrolls one click when moving it (typically WMO users unbind scroll). Often, when you slam the mouse down too hard on the mousepad after picking it up, the LMB or RMB might actuate.

The original Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical, a mouse that was produced without the intention of it being a gaming mouse. However, it has become somewhat of a classic gaming mouse. This is both due to the sensor performance, and it having no acceleration or prediction, but also because a lot of tournaments were won by well-known players with this mouse. In Quake, players like Cypher and Rapha have used it, and still used it recently to dominate Dreamhack winter 2013. In Counter Strike, a lot of players, (for example, Spawn, though not anymore) use the mouse. Another reason why people love this mouse is its extremely low weight

The downside to this mouse is that the max perfect tracking speed is rather low at only 1.0 m/s. However, it can be "overclocked" by increasing the USB sample rate, and the max perfect tracking speed increases to around 1.5 m/s when overclocked to 500Hz or more. You can find more info on how to do this here MORE . While the mouse is discontinued, original and re-coated *(but legitimate) versions continue to be available, mostly from China.
That mouse is very very hard to find right now, i heard is manufactured in China? It's seems to be a nice grip and comfortable clicks
ZenithPhantasm
If you're going to go moues only I recommend the Logitech G303 mouse which has the "best sensor" available atm (Pixart 3366) and the best (and probably fastest) mouse clicks due to its metal tensioning system. The unconventional shape of the mouse is somewhat of a hit or miss tho.
winber1
before i get silenced, i would like to thank the cast and crew for making this production possible.

also tablet masterrace.

also microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0 masterrace, because i use it.
ZenithPhantasm

winber1 wrote:

before i get silenced
rip winber :( you will be missed
Topic Starter
MouseOnly25

winber1 wrote:

before i get silenced, i would like to thank the cast and crew for making this production possible.

also tablet masterrace.

also microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0 masterrace, because i use it.
why are you gonna be silenced? owo, ms 3.0 seems fine too
heybrosup

bigfeh wrote:

You won't get past shit tier if you have a bad mouse unless you're silvia (but his aim is shit anyways, his plays are click impressive)

and this is based off of what? have you seen ekoro's mouse? it's mainly what you're accustomed to, of course a good mouse can be beneficial, but a bad mouse that is not dysfunctional won't make you forever shit, just the player themselves will.

and shit aim? lol what's that make yours
bigfeh

heybrosup wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

You won't get past shit tier if you have a bad mouse unless you're silvia (but his aim is shit anyways, his plays are click impressive)

and this is based off of what? have you seen ekoro's mouse? it's mainly what you're accustomed to, a bad mouse that is not dysfunctional won't make you forever shit, just the player themselves will.

and shit aim? lol what's that make yours
Congratulations, way to be an ass and miss the fucking point of the post by light-years

I'll explain it to you in very, very simple language because you seem like the kind of person to have a cognitive disorder. Here goes

I only cited SilviA because he was the first to come to mind and is an exceptional mouse player. His mouse is also shit, which is why most of his best plays are click intensive as opposed to aim impressive.

Great hardware won't make you insta-cookiezi, but shit hardware can and fucking will severely limit your ability to aim (if your mouse/tablet is bad) and/or click (if your mouse/tablet/keyboard is bad). Your play will be affected if your mouse has significant acceleration, jitter, input lag, or is otherwise shit.

And on that note, when you say a player is shit at a specific skill (SilviA's aim is bad, I'm good at jumps, index is godly at streams) you're comparing it to the rest of his skills and other players of same skill level

Was that clear enough for you or are you still confused?
heybrosup

bigfeh wrote:

heybrosup wrote:

Congratulations, way to be an ass and miss the fucking point of the post by light-years

I'll explain it to you in very, very simple language because you seem like the kind of person to have a cognitive disorder. Here goes

I only cited SilviA because he was the first to come to mind and is an exceptional mouse player. His mouse is also shit, which is why most of his best plays are click intensive as opposed to aim impressive.

Great hardware won't make you insta-cookiezi, but shit hardware can and fucking will severely limit your ability to aim (if your mouse/tablet is bad) and/or click (if your mouse/tablet/keyboard is bad). Your play will be affected if your mouse has significant acceleration, jitter, input lag, or is otherwise shit.

And on that note, when you say a player is shit at a specific skill (SilviA's aim is bad, I'm good at jumps, index is godly at streams (?)) you're comparing it to the rest of his skills and other players of same skill level

Was that clear enough for you or are you still confused?

i think you missed your own little remark where you can only be shit tier with a "bad" mouse, but it seems like you're fuming too much to think clearly
it only makes sense that you get aggravated so easily based on the way you write :^)
bigfeh

heybrosup wrote:

I think you missed your own little remark where you can only be shit tier with a "bad" mouse, but it seems like you're fuming too much to think clearly
it only makes sense that you get aggravated so easily based on the way you write :^)
in any other case I would genuinely hope you were just trolling, but by now it's pretty obvious that you mean every word, which is kinda sad in a way when you think of it

It is obvious there are exceptions to the statement (the example I used being SilviA) but apparently you somehow missed that, be it due to a general lack of brainpower or just intentional selective quoting

But then again that's all they are: exceptions. Exceptions are, by fucking definition, deviations from the standard, common or otherwise expected. A shit mouse will make you play more like shit, but SilviA is an exception.

Now how can anyone miss the point I have been trying to make at this point is honestly beyond me, so here's hoping you finally understand it
uberpancake
I don't think anyone really knows how many mouse only players there are. At lower levels they are pretty common but I find that they start to thin out quite a lot around the ranks where you start fcing insanes, and that most get stuck above 10k rank.

I do think that your playstyle can hinder your improvement but that's not to say that getting to a certain level is impossible. I mean there are like 7 mouse only players in the top 1k and pyonta even managed to sit in the top 100 for a while.

As for mouse the biggest difference I've felt has been between buttons on mice. I did change from laser to optical sensor at one point but felt no difference (might've made a difference I didn't notice though.)

I think that low sensitivity is a good idea for mouse only as the lower sens you use the less your clicks will impact your aim.
Topic Starter
MouseOnly25

uberpancake wrote:

I don't think anyone really knows how many mouse only players there are. At lower levels they are pretty common but I find that they start to thin out quite a lot around the ranks where you start fcing insanes, and that most get stuck above 10k rank.

I do think that your playstyle can hinder your improvement but that's not to say that getting to a certain level is impossible. I mean there are like 7 mouse only players in the top 1k and pyonta even managed to sit in the top 100 for a while.

As for mouse the biggest difference I've felt has been between buttons on mice. I did change from laser to optical sensor at one point but felt no difference (might've made a difference I didn't notice though.)

I think that low sensitivity is a good idea for mouse only as the lower sens you use the less your clicks will impact your aim.
Rukkk recommended me to buy an optical sensor, he said laser sensors are bad for osu, and talking about DPI/CPI i can't move down 1000 in my current mouse, it is impossible to do jumps on the screen, also i use fullscreen
uberpancake

r1vera wrote:

uberpancake wrote:

Rukkk recommended me to buy an optical sensor, he said laser sensors are bad for osu, and talking about DPI/CPI i can't move down 1000 in my current mouse, it is impossible to do jumps on the screen, also i use fullscreen
Yeah optical is better than laser. I just didn't really feel much of a change when changing.

As for dpi I use 600 on 1920x1080 with a steelseries rival and I don't have specific problems with jumps. I think any dpi below 1800 is fine though.
Topic Starter
MouseOnly25
i use steelseries rival too xD
Obey QuickNote

r1vera wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Microsoft 1.1 has arguably one of the best sensors ever made. Why you would downgrade to all these other mice is beyond my comprehension.
maybe you're thinking about the other version of 1.1, i had this one
I USE THAT ONE TOO
bigfeh

XBossXLoveX wrote:

I USE THAT ONE TOO
YOU REALLY DON'T NEED TO USE CAPS THOUGH
Genki1000

bigfeh wrote:

XBossXLoveX wrote:

I USE THAT ONE TOO
YOU REALLY DON'T NEED TO USE CAPS THOUGH
I see you posting a lot lately but why do you always sound so mad?

On topic: I play mouse only with a logitech m235 right now, and I can say that lowering my sensitivity really helped. I used to play at 2.0x sens and got to around rank ~8k but now I use 1.0x.
Topic Starter
MouseOnly25
3k mouse only player *-*
Topic Starter
MouseOnly25
people recommend to save osu! sensivity to 1.0x ingame
bigfeh

Genki1000 wrote:

lol literally burst out laughing

I don't know, really, maybe the wording I use? I'm a passive aggressive asshole too so that may be it
trebby

bigfeh wrote:

Genki1000 wrote:

lol literally burst out laughing

I don't know, really, maybe the wording I use? I'm a passive aggressive asshole too so that may be it
lol bigfeh
bigfeh

CuboidBeats wrote:

lol bigfeh
oh you
Topic Starter
MouseOnly25
please talk about topic ;_;
ZenithPhantasm

r1vera wrote:

please talk about topic ;_;
I use 400 dpi with this resolution:
Noobsicle
i wonder if playing mouse only with two hands on the mouse is viable lol, right hand for aim, left hand for clicking
my mouse buttons are pretty difficult to alternate with so rip noobsicle can't mouse only bahahaha
ZenithPhantasm

Noobsicle wrote:

i wonder if playing mouse only with two hands on the mouse is viable lol, right hand for aim, left hand for clicking
my mouse buttons are pretty difficult to alternate with so rip noobsicle can't mouse only bahahaha
You would need to put tape over the sensor of one mouse.
bigfeh

Noobsicle wrote:

This is actually an extremely interesting idea

but still, what would be the point? if you're gonna use two hands, why not go mouse + kb?
Noobsicle

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

You would need to put tape over the sensor of one mouse.
that's dual mouse (which works well actually but i don't have a 2nd mouse atm so rip ;_;), i was talking about 2hands1mouse-style

bigfeh wrote:

This is actually an extremely interesting idea

but still, what would be the point? if you're gonna use two hands, why not go mouse + kb?
for fun i guess, i do play mouse + kb though but i haven't seen anyone play one mouse with both of their hands before

nvm it feels so awkward
ZenithPhantasm
I will try this two hand one mouse style tmw.
Topic Starter
MouseOnly25
I saw a video where someone played with 2 mouses, 1 for aim and other for click but i don't remember the title
bigfeh

r1vera wrote:

I saw a video where someone played with 2 mouses, 1 for aim and other for click but i don't remember the title
It's azer
Orthos

bigfeh wrote:

r1vera wrote:

It's azer
Or Restia

As long as you're not using completely retarded settings, mouse only is pretty easy and lots of fun. Also 800 DPI masterrace.
Topic Starter
MouseOnly25
Restia's video it is xD
bigfeh

Orthos wrote:

Also 800 DPI masterrace.
bitchpls high cpi is best cpi
CelegaS
I play with mouse, tried with tablet it was impossible to play.
ZenithPhantasm

bigfeh wrote:

Orthos wrote:

Also 800 DPI masterrace.
bitchpls high cpi is best cpi
400 dpi and small custom res masterrace
show more