forum

Joining osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- Colour -
I just joined osu! and if I were to do a hard or an insane would anything happen to my account? I can do hards and insanes because I played a game called Hexis and it's really similar to osu! and a friend showed me this game and I want to play harder maps.
XgenSlayer
Nothing would happen to your account, you would just get the play recorded onto your account :P

Although some others might be suspicious of you being able to do Hards/Insanes so early on.
Topic Starter
- Colour -
Ok. thanks!
Yuudachi-kun

XgenSlayer wrote:

Nothing would happen to your account, you would just get the play recorded onto your account :P

Although some others might be suspicious of you being able to do Hards/Insanes so early on.
Apparently you get autobanned if your pp plays are significantly higher than your current top rank.
Vuelo Eluko

Kheldragar wrote:

XgenSlayer wrote:

Apparently you get autobanned if your pp plays are significantly higher than your current top rank.
autorestricted*
and not quite true, ive seen some [a lot] of random japanese/korean accounts that go on with like 5 top ranks all worth like 200-270pp each and nothing else except maybe a 4mod easy diff score and like 700 playcount.

its fuckin weird
Topic Starter
- Colour -
So im confused am I fine or not?
Yuudachi-kun
Don't make any 300pp plays.
Vuelo Eluko
doesnt look like you're exactly blowing the top 50 out of the water with your hexis acquired skillz so dont worry about it
fun fact i have the name jesus1412 on hexis
when i first logged in like 2 people were surprised in chat because they thought it was him
i never said a word to anyone and i played a map [there were only like 2 available] like twice and never played again
ZenithPhantasm
Hexis best AR11 simulator
cheezstik
I think I heard somewhere that you get auto-restricted if you get 50pp or more in the first 24 hours of your account existing, I'm not sure though. In that case though you could just get unrestricted through support if you're actually legit.
Yuudachi-kun
I looked up Hexis and what the hell it looks a lot like osu.
Vuelo Eluko
its like osu except with stuff like hold notes and adjustable AR/CS/OD/Speed/etc with a bar to increase score bonus proportionately instead of fixed bonuses from mods, basically its better but noone plays it so theres no community no maps and it kinda blows as a result.

you can take an easy map and speed it up 10x if you wanted to and get that sick 5mil score for an 80 combo, thats the main appeal for me
Barusamikosu

Wow, time to switch.
j/k pls don't ban me
cheezstik
It has potential, but in all honesty, it's just too glitchy and laggy, not just in performance and stability, but even the score submitting, and how long rank changes take to update. Also, held down notes is a shitty concept and there's no reason for them to exist when sliders already do.

Also the maps suck dick.
Yuudachi-kun
Small, fast repeating sliders are basically hold notes.
deletemyaccount

cheezstik wrote:

It has potential, but in all honesty, it's just too glitchy and laggy, not just in performance and stability, but even the score submitting, and how long rank changes take to update. Also, held down notes is a shitty concept and there's no reason for them to exist when sliders already do.

Also the maps suck dick.
I heard that peppy actually was planning to implement this in osu! at some point.
xasuma
Nothing will happen. No one will be impress. No one will care. If you aren't breaking the rules you will be fine.
7ambda
Just by looking at your top ranks, I have a lot of respect for you.

cheezstik wrote:

Also the maps suck dick.
Don't be biased. Did you forget the osu!stream app has hold down notes?
ZenithPhantasm
Rip osu!stream.
Thread derailment complete.
Noobsicle
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/5167656

as long as you don't mimic this guy, you'll be fine
cheezstik

F1r3tar wrote:

Don't be biased.
I'm not biased, I played the game cos I was actually tired of osu for a bit, this was well before I heard of any opinions about it let alone this thread.

F1r3tar wrote:

Did you forget the osu!stream app has hold down notes?
No, I actually never knew that, because I've never played that game.
show more