forum

osu! RPG

posted
Total Posts
show more
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Maybe like, walk around, and some parts are battles, other parts are songs? I dunno.
Either way, I am SO hyped about this.
Will it be an actual program to download?
Duoprism
The battles ARE songs. Random battles would be random ranked songs within a certain star range. And this should be integrated into Osu!.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Hm... Cool.
But what happens if we use an attack that's the current song? Does it just use the attack?
Plus: We need sprites of our characters.
Slain087
Cliche as it might be, maybe we should have an ally partially infected with the Gabe virus, and spends most of the game trying to resist it. At the end, depending on how well you did against certain attacks, he either is dispelled of the virus or is completely infected, and you have to face him in battle.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Sounds awesome. Like in Fable.
Loginer
Hmm... What about making the game in this?
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Loginer, care to elaborate on the whole point of that link?
Loginer
Nope. Also, who's going to make it, and how?
Duoprism

Loginer wrote:

Nope. Also, who's going to make it, and how?

Reikin wrote:

The battles ARE songs. Random battles would be random ranked songs within a certain star range. And this should be integrated into Osu!.
LuigiHann
Since it's all focused on actual members of the community, might as well set up a forum thread/irc room and do it all in traditional text-based RP format :p

On the other hand, the idea of songs as RPG battles is clever. Sort of like Puzzle Quest, but with Osu instead of Bejeweled.
Topic Starter
awp
I think the idea would be standard FF-esque gameplay (a la FF4-6) with the battle mechanics adjusting to be more osu!-y, as in, your damage/accuracy for certain attacks (both for and against) is influenced by your ability to perform on certain beatmap snippets.
RemmyX25
I'm so in for this. I call dibs on twin swordsman. I'll even take the part of the partially infected party member if i have to
Duoprism
Hm, awp's idea kinda reminds me of Draglade.

This might eventually be moved in Feature Requests, lol.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
I have one thing to say.
THIS MUST ME MADE.
Topic Starter
awp
It is being considered but will be a good ways off.

Besides, do we even have any pixel artists? I'm not all that good, myself.
Loginer
Well, I could always make my own sprites, + another user or two. And jokes aside, using something like RPG Maker would really speed things up(In fact, character sprites are the only things we'd have to draw). Also, we could use music from popular beatmaps, as for the soundtrack. :>
Agent BA8 Rookbie
I'm pretty good at meshing sprites together.
Just don't make me do too much at one time.
MOOMANiBE
I can't commit to anything until I know how busy my summer will be, but I may be able to help on the sprite end of things. ^^;
Duoprism
I'm still for making this thing a part of osu, although that would require some cooperation from peppy to give it the green light. Not to mention that the ideas here would need to change a bit. But RM is also a good idea.
MusicFan
This is coming along so well, I anticipate its creation.
If I can help in testing or something, I'd be happy to ;)
And on an somewhat unrelated note...

RemmyX25 wrote:

I'm so in for this. I call dibs on twin swordsman.
Then I get dual-wield pistols :P
If I get in that is...
ZZT the Fifth
Whaddabout me?
Topic Starter
awp

ZZT the Fifth wrote:

Whaddabout me?
ZZT must be included in the storyline somewhere; he is a reknowned member of the community imo

I'm 100% positive I'll be able to integrate ZZT's legacy into osu!rpg but where specifically is currently up in the air.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Duoprism
There's no real chain of command here so I think it's relatively safe for you to come up with something. Primary problem is trying to keep a good plot hidden until we play it while still explaining enough to give us an idea on what you're doing.
Topic Starter
awp
Well the premise as well as a few plot points (twists?) are already out and about made public, so the general idea is there. It's still very easy to add a lot of details into the story to keep the player guessing/anticipating and keep the premise workable. Private IRC channels might be a good place for those interested in writing to collaborate...but so far I think Agent and I are the only people really interested in the core writing? So simply using PMs would be fine. I think it'd be nice to have a sort of "Supervisor" to bounce ideas off of, Sinistro.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Wee! I might be a writer!
Anyway, it's annoying, because I got an email with the KOC map, and I was gonna see if my mac could put it on upppy, then upppy failed.
It wouldn't let me go on.
Anyway, I don't have much else to suggest.
Can't think of anything, but I'll have something.
Topic Starter
awp
James pointed out that we need to add AMANTHES THE INVINCIBLE. For those of you unfamiliar with this character, there's a detailed irc log posted in the lol@irc thread. Not sure where, but it was shortly after the new public release that introduced Bancho.

A servant of one of the major enemies that is, for all intents and purposes, invincible.
Sinistro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
And our evil (good at that time) Double HarmoniZe Shock was there~

Should I start summarizing all these 4 pages (for characters first) Or I just let it coming first.

And also I suggest to have those other players (newbies, high ranking players that doesnt bother talking, people who register for the sake of getting songs, etc.) to be a NPC for towns if Osu! RPG have any. This includes random people, npc sellers etc.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Amanthes the invincible should be a bonus boss!
It takes a Double HarmoniZe Shock from awp and James to defeat it, but both must use the attack in the same turn!
Topic Starter
awp
Yeah. Considerably noteworthy people will play an integral or cameo role, but many others can be the names of things like monsters, towns and equipment I figure.

Though I see a lot of people saying "I'd have ____________ for an attack!", something like 75% of the population probably won't have "attacks". This isn't Chrono Cross; there'd be like 3 main characters and x guest characters.

Also James, yes - the Double HarmoniZe Shock thing would work because awp kind of flip-flops allegiances and James is doing his own thing in the story, so there's no reason they can't team up at some point.

also @ Agent, I have an idea of how AMANTHES THE INVINCIBLE is taken down, but it's spoilers.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
I'm cool with not knowing because of spoilers, but I might need to know, because I'm a pending writer.
I love reminding people of that.
Anyway, you could probably take a lot of battles from IRC, but I want some really original battles so osuers won't know, saying that, I would like a lot of "I remember that!" moments, cause those rock.
James
Doubt Amanthes can be killed with a Double HarmoniZe Shock though...
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Double HarmoniZe Shock could be the last attack then?
Like, when Amanthes is down to a certain amount of HP, awp/James can only use Double HarmoniZe Shock. And the attack animation would have to be really cool, like, Both of them point their fingers at Amanthes and yell "DOUBLE HARMONIZE SHOCK!" And like, all the beats and such come crashing towards him and, boom.
How 'bout it?
Topic Starter
awp
Well, what I was thinking was AMANTHES THE INVINCIBLE is a mindless servant under the command of ?????? - when you fight him, it's basically an endurance challenge as he won't die. Since he's invincible. This happens either two or three times in the game, but after the last time it happens, ??????? decides to further illustrate the futility of your efforts by killing AMANTHES him/herself with a single blow. And then you're like "oh fuck".
Agent BA8 Rookbie
So basically ???? destroys Amanthes with that attack?
Topic Starter
awp
Not with Double HarmoniZe Shock, that one's ours. Just an attack. Nothing fancy, even.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Neo@lex
wait, so ??????=31?????

Also, I'm trying to learn to code in Ren'py, which is an engine for dating-sim style games. When I get better, I might have a go at doing an Osu! one.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
No, ????=Whoever it is
I think.
But wait, osu dating sim?
No offense, but I think I'll pass on being in that.

show more