forum

[duplicate] The ability to keep certain beatmap difficulties qualified

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Comet
Rather a spontaneous idea I got, but why not?

What I mean by the title is to able to rank beatmaps by difficulty, e.g. a beatmap that has issues in it's Easy, Oni, and Muzukashii difficulties once it's gets qualified can have just THESE difficulties denied and not the ones that are spotless enough to pass on to ranked. There could be even a possibility/preference to staff/management that disallows PP earned from a beatmap set until all the diffs are ranked, but what I'm aiming for here is to keep the leaderboards for the difficulties that are well-made enough, since you know how people get sometimes when a map that has a VERY hard difficulty to Full Combo (with or without mods) gets disqualified, kicking the leaderboards into nevereverland. They go PJSalt (Angry mode for those that don't know what PJSalt means) mode and proceed to cause unneeded grief. Being able to both fix said grief and create a more dynamic way of ranking beatmaps equals a good idea by my logic, so yeah.

Thoughts?

Sidenote: I am aware this is actually kinda cross-platform because it's in-game and on the forums as well, but personally I don't see why that still couldn't be a legitimate request and this forum seemed like the most fitting place to request it, so....yeah. :P
DT-sama
p/3455825
Currently not possible.
Topic Starter
Comet

- DT - wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3455825
Currently not possible.
I feel that since 5 months has passed at least a timestamp could be given, a rough estimate as to when such a feature could be implemented. Besides, I don't want it to stay like this for the next year -- neither do many other people. ;)
Bara-
Why
You know what the qualified category means
If you can't stand losing your scores, then don't play them