forum

Best Dpi for gameplay

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
bah_to
Well, i reached this rank using the fastest one.. but I noticed that when I use 800, i can actually score a whole lot more in spinners, and it's not that slow too. So yeah, thanks for the tip.
Noobsicle
800, higher dpi may be more inaccurate depending on how the mouse sensor handles it (in most cases not very well)

try drawing a straight line or various shapes such as hexagons, zig zags, swirls in paint with 800 dpi / 3500 dpi and see for yourself. 3500dpi should look jagged and fugly while 800 dpi should be a lot smoother
ZenithPhantasm
I use 450. Just use whatever is comfortable as a general guideline dont exceed 1000 if you want to be accurate.

Edit: Corrected massive spelling errors. Tfw cbf to type properly without my coffee

Edit 2: 400 dpi now
bigfeh

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I use 450. Just use whatever is comfortaebut ad geneeal guideline dont exceed 1000 if you want to be accurate.
Not true. Don't exceed what feels natural to you or don't use high CPI values if your mouse is shit (which it shouldn't, to begin with).

Do this and instantly become better at the game.
ZenithPhantasm
I said don't exceed 1000 dpi lol.
E m i

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

comfortaebut ad geneeal
smoeweede very daay
bigfeh

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

a cpi of 1000 is very, very low. For me, at least, anyways. It's all a matter of preference - I use 800CPI-ish whenever I need precision (e.g. hardscoping in csgo, moving stuff by a few pixels on photoshop, whatever)
NixXSkate

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

1000 dpi for what res? SiLviA played 1000dpi on 800x600 for certain songs. Angelsim, Doomsday, and countless other players exceed 1000dpi, especially if they play fullscreen.

Some people prefer to make sure their wrist stays in place and not slide all over the mousepad.
ZenithPhantasm

[ Momiji ] wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

comfortaebut ad geneeal
smoeweede very daay
bigfeh

NixXSkate wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

1000 dpi for what res? SiLviA played 1000dpi on 800x600 for certain songs. Angelsim, Doomsday, and countless other players exceed 1000dpi, especially if they play fullscreen.

Some people prefer to make sure their wrist stays in place and not slide all over the mousepad.
Right, this. I'm talking about 1000CPI@1080p, which is kinda low. I use an effective CPI of about 1800 at that resolution and it isn't even that high, especially for other games
ZenithPhantasm
1000 dpi at 1080p is medium sens
ZenithPhantasm
FrzR
I moved from 800 to 1000 dpi when I got my mech and started DTing. Went well for a while and got 7k.
Accurian
I use 2400DPI and I'm quite accurate. It doesn't matter what you're playing, as long as you can snap comfortably, then you should be fine.
Knit_old_1
400DPI
HaruryuuSan
I use 700 Dpi, and I'm a little accurate. But use the dpi of your mouse.
Yuudachi-kun

Harumi wrote:

But what if your mouse has FOUR options for dpi?!
ZenithPhantasm

Kheldragar wrote:

Harumi wrote:

But what if your mouse has FOUR options for dpi?!
Use 400 or 800 :^)

My mouse has dpi settings from 200 all the way to 12,000 in 50 dpi increments but I never use more than 1000
I Give Up

jograt wrote:

800/1200/2400/3200/3500

can someone please tell which mouse dpi is the best for osu gameplay? please explain if possible. thanks.
It depends on a few factors. If you like to keep your wrist planted and move less then you'll do fine with 800 - 1000 dpi at 720p res, or 1600 - 2000 dpi for 1080p res. But if you have trouble shaking and getting nervous then you might try 400dpi@720p/800dpi@1080p as that helps alleviate your cursor shake, but requires more arm movement exercise.
FlorianWitt
Normally I am playing on 3000 DPI, but I'll try to lower it and see if it helps.
FieryLight
I use 1600. Recommend 400 though if you want to progress faster and be more consistent
Purple
I use 5, since lower is better. Tried using 0 but I'm just not that good yet

Real question: I use a ghetto tablet puck thing (tablet pen stuck inside a mouse shell), and I use an area that is 6.25 inches tall on full screen. How much DPI would that compare to?
Yuudachi-kun

Purple wrote:

Real question: I use a ghetto tablet puck thing (tablet pen stuck inside a mouse shell), and I use an area that is 6.25 inches tall on full screen. How much DPI would that compare to?
If you use 1920x1080 then that's 307.2 Pixels per inch. Not sure how that translates into DPI. I have about 446 PPI this way I guess.
bigfeh

Kheldragar wrote:

Purple wrote:

If you use 1920x1080 then that's 307.2 Pixels per inch. Not sure how that translates into DPI. I have about 446 PPI this way I guess.
"Pixels per inch" is not a mouse measurement unit - that would be CPI (DPI doesn't actually exist!).

Just so we're clear here: the number of Counts Per Inch, or CPI for short, is just that - the number of interrupts the mouse's gonna send to the processor for each inch traveled (for USB mice). I'm not sure how that translates to pixels but I'll do some research tomorrow after I get some sleep and will come back with results.
I Give Up

Purple wrote:

This depends on your in-game resolution. 6.25" tall while playing full screen 720p is about 115dpi.

bigfeh wrote:

"Pixels per inch" is not a mouse measurement unit - that would be CPI (DPI doesn't actually exist!).
PPI/DPI is the effective sensitivity. CPI is the hardware sensitivity. Pixels do exist.
bigfeh

KukiMonster wrote:

Purple wrote:

This depends on your in-game resolution. 6.25" tall while playing full screen 720p is about 115dpi.

bigfeh wrote:

PPI/DPI is the effective sensitivity. CPI is the hardware sensitivity. Pixels do exist.
Note how I said mouse measurement unit. DPI doesn't exist. pixels per inch and counts per inch, however, do

will come back in a few hours to finish thoughts because am on a fucking plane atm
ZenithPhantasm
400 dpi