forum

Could my settings be the cause of my bad consistancy (mouse)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OG_AimbotZ
So I've been noticing it's pretty hard for me to actually FC maps, like I always seem to end up missing like 1 note or getting like 1 sliderbreak. I've been reading some stuff about low vs high dpi, mouse acceleration, windows sens etc. Because of the things I've read I've been starting to doubt whether my playstyle is efficient or not (Considering alot of the top-tier mouse players use high sens).

DPI: 1250
osu! ingame sens: 1.69x (best part is i didn't actually notice when i put it there the first time)
osu! Resolution: 1920x1080 aka Full-Screen
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080
Mouse Acceleration Off
Windows Sensitivity: 7/11
(irrelevant but i use Razer BlackWidow Blue Switches C/V keys)

edit:
ingame DPI = 1250x1.69 which is about 2100, I use palm grip and aim from my pulse.

Profile: Og_AimbotZ

I'm aware practise makes perfect, but I don't think it would be a very good idea to keep practising with inefficient settings, also I know it might be personal preferance, but I just want to make sure, and if anyone has any tips.

I apologize for my ignorancy, I don't mean to annoy anyone.
Charm
personally i prefer to keep mouse sensitivity on every game i play to 1x to keep it constant but i dont think that's a big deal. Other than that I think your setttings are fine, alot of players use low sensitivity too, like gokuri i think
ZenithPhantasm
2100 effective dpi is considered high.
Topic Starter
OG_AimbotZ

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Yes I know, that's why I was wondering whether that was a bad thing or not, considering pr much all top tier mouse players use low DPI.
pandaBee

OG_AimbotZ wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Yes I know, that's why I was wondering whether that was a bad thing or not, considering pr much all top tier mouse players use low DPI.
Does your cursor feel shaky? Does it feel very difficult to complete simple movements/stretches? Then it's probably too sensitive for you.
fieryrage
It's not impossible to get used to high sensitivity, it just depends whether or not you're able to be consistent with that sensitivity. If your cursor's shaking too much and/or you're missing notes by overshooting them, you probably have too high of a sensitivity.
Topic Starter
OG_AimbotZ
It's not that it's too sensitive or anything, I'm used to it really.

The problem is that I've been noticing I'm not hitting the circles exactly in the middle, probably causing my bad consistancy, I always end up hitting the outer edge of circles/sliders which cause me to miss/sliderbreak from time to time.

I don't know how to fix this problem :/
trebby
If your settings feel comfortable, don't change them. If they feel uncomfortable, find out your worst flaws in the game and adjust the settings to cancel out those flaws.
ZenithPhantasm
If the cursor feels too fast lower dpi. If it feels too slow raise dpi. Repeat and rinse until you find your perfect dpi.