forum

osu!guide

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nitrousdragon
What is osu!guide?

I wouldn't consider it a project, but it is definitely something everyone in osu! can contribute to. Basically, you take a hard map with a tricky pattern (say, for example, a stream map like Yuyoyuppe - AiAe by Fort) that some players might not understand, and place it in a document on Google Docs, starting with the metadata down to the actual pattern of the hardest (or 2 hardest) levels. It's as simple as that.

How can we make our own?

Create your document, come post the link here or PM me, and I will add it to my collection in this thread. Make sure it uses the template below though. I will later have a table with the beatmaps in order of their mapset ID.

Template
Title:
Romanized: If you're map is english, you don't have to worry about any romanized characters.
Artist:
Romanized: Same thing here. If you're metadata is in English, don't worry about this.
Length:
BPM:
Modes: simply put the diffs that were mapped of this difficulty. If there are two or three of the same gamemode, type 2 "gamemode goes here without the quotes" by Creator 1 and Creator 2. (Replace Creator 1 and 2 with their names.
Difficulties:
Creator - Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, Extra (put each set with the creator's name and the diffs here so everyone knows which beatmap it is, plus you may color code the diffs if you'd like)

Legend:
x---- = whole slider
x x = whole beat
x-- = ½ slider
x x = ½ beat
x--- = ⅓ slider
x x = ⅓ beat
x- = ¼ slider
xz = ¼ beat
x. = ⅛ slider
Taiko:
d = don
k = kat
osu!mania:
1 = 1st column
2 = 2nd column
3 = 3rd column
4 = 4th column
5 = 5th column
6 = 6th column
7 = 7th column
8 = 8th column
9 = 9th column
+ = and
- = 1/4 hold
. = 1/8 hold

Pattern to Extra: (use z and x to represent keys)

Please tell me what you think of this, because I'm not so sure that anyone will approve of this. (Also, are there any projects like this?)
Pawsu
Sounds cool but it seems hard to fill out/not sure if people will go through with it all because it's a bit of a time consumer