forum

[resolved] It shows #(Rank) (Name), not #(rank) of (ranked people)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gnoske
This is not a bug i guess, but i would like it to be changed (:
On rankings in game, it says #(rank) (My name) and not #(rank) of (number of ranked people). I just wonder why? I really liked to know how many people were better then me/how many i had beaten, it was a fun part of osu! and motivated me to improve more. So now i'm kindly asking why this is, and maybe, if possible, if you please could change it back? :)

My internet's too slow to upload pictures, but i think you now what i mean. If you want, i can upload pictures from school tomorrow, they have better internet there.

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
blahpy
There was an issue similar to this a while back where the number of players on old rankings got stuck and didn't go up any more, and newer maps didn't appear to have a counter at all (if your placing is below what the game thinks is the number of players with scores on the map then it'll just show #rank Name). Perhaps said issue has resurfaced?
XPJ38
What's the map?
VeilStar

blahpy wrote:

<snip> Perhaps said issue has resurfaced?
This has also always been an issue with newly ranked maps.
Basically if the map was newly ranked and you got a score on it within a certain time it would show #<rank> <name>.
This also happens when the playcount of a map is below 1000 iirc.

Just stuff that happens. Nothing you can really do about it.
Chocolat
This only happens with relatively new maps because not enough people have played it yet. It usually fixes itself overtime-ish.
TheVileOne
It is intended to not show the number of ranked scores on maps with low play counts.