forum

[confirmed] FPS counter covers progress bar during breaks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Angelo
Problem Details:

I know there was already a topic about it (t/271107) but I really want to keep the progress bar on the bottom-right of the screen and the fps counter is covering the bar during breaks and that's really annoying because you can't see anything behind it especially when you play in a lower resolution (1366x768 or lower for example).
To fix it I suggest moving the fps counter a bit higher like on the image below.

Steps to replicate this :
  1. Enable FPS counter :
  2. Change the progress display type to "Bottom-Right" :
  3. Find a beatmap with a pause and during the pause you can see the fps counter overlapping the progress bar on bottom-right corner
Screenshots :

How it looks like in game (1080p):

How it looks like in game (720p):

How it should be:

I hope you will solve the problem !
Thanks in advance ! :)

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
Mofu kun
i don't see why you had to make another topic, but i do understand where you are coming from.

can't seem to replicate this though.
Wasamii
I can replicate this too
Wingman626

Angelo wrote:

Problem Details:

I know there was already a topic about it (t/271107) but I really want to keep the progress bar on the bottom-right of the screen and the fps counter is covering the bar during breaks and that's really annoying because you can't see anything behind it especially when you play in a lower resolution (1366x768 or lower for example).
To fix it I suggest moving the fps counter a bit higher like on the image below.

Steps to replicate this :
  1. Enable FPS counter :
  2. Change the progress display type to "Bottom-Right" :
  3. Find a beatmap with a pause and during the pause you can see the fps counter overlapping the progress bar on bottom-right corner
Screenshots :

How it should be:

I hope you will solve the problem !
Thanks in advance ! :)

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)

i have tried to replicate this issue during the in-game menu and during gameplay. i have also repeated my steps in resolutions 1600x900 and 1280x720 with no luck.

i most likely believe it is an issue with the skin you are using. try out a different skin and try it again to see if it isnt an error with how osu "is dressed"

UPDATE:: i also see how you moved the progress bar to the bottom right, my bad, let me get back to you on that

UPDATE #2:: it appears i did have the progress bar setting to the bottom right. i have also tried multiple skins and they all look the same as the video.

what computer are you playing on? Windows or OS X?

are you using the stable, beta, or cutting edge version of osu?

also, i still vehemently feel that the skin could be the issue

if you could post a video or a full screen shot showing you mid-menu and mid-gameplay that'll be great
Chocolat
Could you not just, you know... turn off the fps counter?
Wingman626
UPDATE #3::

upon further investigation of the other thread, looks like i was able to replicate the issue

though, it looks normal to me, some people must have a worse ocd version then i do, if thats what we can call it. i mean, well look at it

During Gameplay

During Pause/Break

Resumed Gameplay

the issue only happens during pauses and not during gameplay, and the bar is transparent enough (because of my settings) where it doesnt reallly bother me at all.

but if you guys are really bothered by it, then by all means, i can confirm that this issue can be replicated as seen here and on the other thread

hell, i dont think its an issue at all, but if it is, the devs should take a look at it and decide if its worth moving the fps counter above the progress bar during pauses in beatmap gameplay for the next upcoming update
Topic Starter
Angelo

wingman626 wrote:

the issue only happens during pauses and not during gameplay, and the bar is transparent enough (because of my settings) where it doesnt reallly bother me at all.

but if you guys are really bothered by it, then by all means, i can confirm that this issue can be replicated as seen here and on the other thread

hell, i dont think its an issue at all, but if it is, the devs should take a look at it and decide if its worth moving the fps counter above the progress bar during pauses in beatmap gameplay for the next upcoming update

Angelo wrote:

As you can see, when you are using lower resolutions like 1280x720, it's almost impossible to see where the cursor is when you are at the end of the map, so yeah, it's kinda annoying.

If you play in 1920x1080, you can see the progress bar better :

Angelo wrote:

So yeah, I think it's worth moving the counter. I hope you know now why it's REALLY annoying.

Chocolat wrote:

Could you not just, you know... turn off the fps counter?
NO! I need to know how many fps I get. And I think this can be fixed in seconds.
Secretpipe
u should fix this ! It's annoying as hell , it happened to me before :D
MillhioreF
Confirming, I suppose. I really don't think it's very important, consider how minor and easily avoided it is, so moving to low priority.
Charles LecIerc
Yeah it's true ,it is pretty annoying !
Arrcival
When a modo will fix this bug?
They are really bored...
Fix itttttttt
Reia
Yeah, for sure it's really annoying. Or even sometimes it says that I have 120 FPS when playing but it's just only 40 FPS tho.
Also now I'm just playing with around 3k FPS.
Topic Starter
Angelo
Seriously, it is possible to guess where the gauge is behind the counter when you have at least a number of 3-digit fps with a SD resolution ? :?
The FPS counter almost perfectly hides the gauge D:

Please osu!devs fix this asap, it's freaking annoying.
I hope you'll understand the pain that people have when using the progress display in the bottom-right with the FPS counter enabled.

+sorry for bumping the topic but if nobody do it then things will not evolve since it's labelled as a "Low Priority" bug :c