forum

Black ★ Rock Shooter (Dead Master) v0.8

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nanao-kun
This looks great. How's the current progress?
Topic Starter
Chompey

Nanao-kun wrote:

This looks great. How's the current progress?
Tron gave up on the project with me. So I can't gaurantee a skin for BRS or BGS. I as well stopped skinning DM, but I'd hate to leave this unfinished considering I did make quite some progress, so all I can say is I can finish up DM. Sorry to disappoint you guys on the other 2 chars though...

EDIT: Also, in case you were wondering, no it does not take two freaking months to complete a skin. This should've been done in at most 2 weeks. But...ugh..I didn't think the project would just drop like that. But no matter, I will do my best to make sure I deliver the DM beta skin by the end of this week.
Nanao-kun
Can you give me some information as to how they were going to be made? We're the fonts going to be the same for each? We're they going to be fundamentally the same except with different color themes and characters?

I've always wanted to try my hand at a skin, particularly for BRS, but I can't move ahead without any information. Being completely original is too much of a step for me right now.

EDIT: I suppose I should wait for the alpha though, at least.

I don't have any experience though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to help.
Topic Starter
Chompey

Nanao-kun wrote:

Can you give me some information as to how they were going to be made? We're the fonts going to be the same for each? We're they going to be fundamentally the same except with different color themes and characters?

I've always wanted to try my hand at a skin, particularly for BRS, but I can't move ahead without any information. Being completely original is too much of a step for me right now.

EDIT: I suppose I should wait for the alpha though, at least.

I don't have any experience though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to help.
Well the general themes we were going for was as follows:

For Dead Master, a green/black theme with sharp-gothic type of font. For BRS, a blue/black theme with a modern-techno type of font.

So in other words, the BRS skin would have entirely different elements, it wasn't going to be just a color change with minor tweaks. If you want to give a try on it be my guest, I don't really have plans on doing an entire BRS skin myself, but I"m willing to help you out with it.

EDIT: If you want to talk about it, just add me on Skype or xfire. My username is xyrhoshi.
Nanao-kun

Chompey wrote:

Well the general themes we were going for was as follows:

For Dead Master, a green/black theme with sharp-gothic type of font. For BRS, a blue/black theme with a modern-techno type of font.

So in other words, the BRS skin would have entirely different elements, it wasn't going to be just a color change with minor tweaks. If you want to give a try on it be my guest, I don't really have plans on doing an entire BRS skin myself, but I"m willing to help you out with it.

EDIT: If you want to talk about it, just add me on Skype or xfire. My username is xyrhoshi.
Ah, I see. Unfortunately, I have neither a skype or xfire account. Well, I have a skype account but I haven't used it for a long time. I've only ever bothered to chat on IRC.

I somehow decided on using this for the menu-back thing.

And the two on the left for section pass and section fail. I'll probably change it though.

EDIT: No idea what I'm trying to accomplish here.

EDIT 7/24/10: I suddenly had a great idea. Not sure how many people will like it though.

EDIT: 7/24/10 A little later: God damn it, what part did cut I it off at before I resized it?!

EDIT: 7/24/10 A little more later: Oh wait, I didn't resize it in the first place. Teeheehee~

Woops. Didn't separate the face in half properly. I'll have to do it again.

Well, good news is I know how do it properly so it'll take less time then before.
Nanao-kun
キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!
Missing numbers though.

I'll work on it some more tomorrow.
sveta-insane
looks great!
Topic Starter
Chompey
This is just a notice to those that Nanao-kun has decided to take charge in the BRS part of the skin series. So that means BRS and DM will both be released, though DM will be finished earlier. Also in case you haven't noticed, Alpha is out now. So please reply with some feedback on it, thanks.

EDIT: He made a seperate thread for it :I
Arusha Shuna
it's Black ★ Rock Shooter
not Black Rock ★ Shooter

good luck with the skin though! :> it's been quite sometime since your announcement of the skin
Topic Starter
Chompey

Arusha Shuna wrote:

it's Black ★ Rock Shooter
not Black Rock ★ Shooter

good luck with the skin though! :> it's been quite sometime since your announcement of the skin
Oh, my bad. Thanks for the insight, and thanks for the luck lol.
Topic Starter
Chompey
Just letting you folks know that version 0.8 is now out! Just a few more hours then I can get everything done and move to 1.0 Beta! Wooo!! -hype/excitement-
Nanao-kun
Looks like you finally decided to update.
Topic Starter
Chompey

Nanao-kun wrote:

Looks like you finally decided to update.
I may take my time updating, but I update big.
Firo Prochainezo
It's kinda difficult to see because of the colors, but it's still wonderful :D good job!
rouxe
^^ muy hermoso ¡¡ x3
Topic Starter
Chompey
So, it's been a bit over 2 years. Boy does time fly.

Ever since I quit Osu, I stopped working on this skin and beatmaps all together, not to mention my skills at photo editing weren't that spectacular back in that period of time. I decided to hop on Mediafire to upload something academic-related when I saw the amount of people who downloaded this skin. I was in shock by the amount of downloads. Like seriously, it was beyond 4 digits. I downloaded the skin myself as well and skimmed through its condition.

Oh my gosh was the font terrible and the effects cut-off and what not, euuugh.

I seriously regret leaving this skin as trash now, so I decided to come back to this thread and notify those who still use this skin that I swear I will update this skin this weekend and make it fucking glorious.

My deepest apologies to those who still use this beta version as well, because my gosh it really is terrible. I'll get to work on this skin asap after I return home Friday.

In the meantime, for those who see this and are interested in this project, they can feel free to throw out suggestions as to what they would like to see. Feel free to critique on how damn awful the skin currently is as well, because I 100% agree. Also if there is another Dead Master skin, please do say so. This will not influence me to stop this re-work, rather I will take notes of what the other skin does and do my best to avoid what he/she has done with their skin, so as to not make a duplicate.
SweettDevil
i did what it said in the description but it doesnt open !!! it stil shoes me a .rar folder
:((:((
- ArC -
Can you use some elements from TV anime version Dead Master(i like her outfit in TV more then in OVA)?
nurazrinzulkaffli
i love it
nurazrinzulkaffli
waaa...sugoi :)