forum

Best guitar peripheral?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Turpin2009
Hi there, sorry to just randomly pose a question after being inactive for so long. This is for the Wii:

I'm looking to buy a load of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games for the Summer, but am confused by the range of plastic guitars at different retailers/prices/layouts. All I want is a relatively cheap (£25 - £40) guitar which will function with ALL the GH and RB games. So far the best I've found is the 'Guitar Hero 3: Les Paul' guitar, and that doesn't function with all RB games.

Any suggestions/experiences/preferences about the range of guitars would be appreciated by experienced players of the series, doing my head in trying to get the best choice sorted quickly! Thanks.
Loginer
http://wiki.scorehero.com/ControllerCompatibility

I suggest the Genericaster. You won't be able to play Rock Band 1, but the few third-party controllers that are fully compatible with all games are probably terrible.
Topic Starter
Turpin2009
Excellent, thanks for the speedy and helpful response! Will be buying either the 'les-Paul' or that rather stylish dark ochre brown Genericaster as soon as I get through these exams, depends on what bundle price I can find locally. Cheers.
LuigiHann
Yeah, I prefer the GH controllers. The GH5 controller plays the best when it isn't broken... but I've had more luck longevity-wise with the GH3 controller.
Mashley
I haven't tried most of them, but I do love my GHWT guitar! :D
awp
I'm impressed by my GHWT guitar's ability to not be broken, most of my GH instruments have gotten shitty or needed repair. But the GHWT one is keepin' on.

RB gear works with newer GH games as well as RB and works quite well, but they take some getting used to as there's little feedback in the controller itself.
MMzz
I agree with awp on useing the GHWT guitar

Imo it's perfect, the buttons have a nicer spread apart then the other guitars. and the strum bar is big enough for me to palm strum on those insanely fast parts.
Topic Starter
Turpin2009
Thanks for the responses everyone, I've just ordered the Guitar Hero 5 bundle (game and guitar) online as my selection as it was £40 new so a bit of a bargain for what I wanted! I'm getting The Beatles: Rockband as well, might need to wait a fair few months before I buy anything else, part time and basic student wage isn't the best for buying these sorts of luxury goods! :o