forum

brightness in windows 8.1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FappyBabes
The brightness control in windows tbh is really shit.
Is there any method that lets the brightness (in 8.1) exceed windows brightness dim all the way till it's a black screen like mac?
Topic Starter
FappyBabes
BUMP this isnt exactly urgent but i'd prefer to know ASAP
Yukiteru Amano
Pretty sure you should post this in "technical support" :) probably easier to get an answer there!
TakuMii
tfw the lowest brightness setting in windows 8.1 actually turns off the screen when installed on a mac

anyways: most laptops have a button to turn off the backlight... my last one used something like Fn+F6. maybe look for something like that?
Topic Starter
FappyBabes

YayMii wrote:

tfw the lowest brightness setting in windows 8.1 actually turns off the screen when installed on a mac

anyways: most laptops have a button to turn off the backlight... my last one used something like Fn+F6. maybe look for something like that?
thats pretty much no screen brightness at all, it would be nice if windows copies mac this one time coz it's a pretty useful feature.
TakuMii

prky wrote:

YayMii wrote:

thats pretty much no screen brightness at all, it would be nice if windows copies mac this one time coz it's a pretty useful feature.
I've owned a Macbook Air and have used it for years... Lowering the brightness all the way on a Macbook doesn't make the screen black. It turns off the backlight. And my Macbook Air does the exact same thing in both Windows 8.1 and Mac OS X.