forum

[invalid] Not getting enough PP

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zhie
I am not getting enough pp from my songs. For example i did a song max pp was 29 I got weighted 31% so 9pp. But i actually only got 1pp. it shows that i got 9pp in the web. But on the pp it just shows it went 1 up instead 9 and i have never played the map before

http://imgur.com/a/g1aiI

osu! version: 20150203.7 (latest)
Enzy
It does that. And it's nothing you should worry about.
Kon
The reason for that is quite simple and its not a bug or anything of the sort. It says it is worth 9 pp and it is, but what you have to look at is what was in place of this 9 before you got the 9; It was probably an 8 before.

Another way to look at it would be if you have a list of numbers that weigh out to be X pp then when you add a number that isn't significantly higher than the first, highest, pp value you will lower the weight on everything below the submitted value while replacing what held that spot and taking the weight of that slot.

Makes sense to me, but explaining the reasoning is a little odd. Hope it helped :)
Bara-
Pp is weighted
If you get a new top score, all scores worth less will give less pp to the total (the % goes down)
This is normal behaviour
Topic Starter
Zhie
i only played that map through once. so that is the only score i have in the map
VeilStar

Z loves Seera wrote:

i only played that map through once. so that is the only score i have in the map
... How many times you played the map is irrelevant.

PP for a play gets weighted against all your other top ranks,
how much the weighting is depends on the raw pp of the play and the place it falls in compared to all your other top ranks.
So not only is that play itself weighted, but because it took a spot on your top ranks, every map below it gets weighted less than before.
Meaning that you essentially gain X pp from the map, and then lose Y pp because all other top ranks below that are now worth less.
(Y is always smaller than X)

You got the pp you should have gotten. This is simply how it works.
Topic Starter
Zhie
So because i got those 2 40+ pp scores i havn't got the pp from all those other ones like 5 days ago, because this thing i've been wondering for 1 week already
Bara-
Look at your profile
Press top ranks
This is what I meant with top ranks, not ingame
Topic Starter
Zhie
what im wondering is from the SS that was supposed to give me 32pp actually gave me 7 pp so im wondering why is it working like that
Bara-
Look ar the % under the big number
The more pp something is, the higher the %
If you get a new score, at place 3, it's weighted at 90%
The previous 3rd place (90%) went to 4th place, giving only 86%
You get the added pp, but at the same time you lose pp fue to all ranks worse getting less %
Topic Starter
Zhie

baraatje123 wrote:

Look ar the % under the big number
The more pp something is, the higher the %
If you get a new score, at place 3, it's weighted at 90%
The previous 3rd place (90%) went to 4th place, giving only 86%
You get the added pp, but at the same time you lose pp fue to all ranks worse getting less %
I understand what you are saying, but what im trying to say I played that map that i got a SS on twice and got first time 2 pp and second time 7 pp. i got 7pp from the 90% and then an earlier what is now about 70% is 2 so where does the rest of the pp go that im supposed to gain?
TheVileOne
All the scores below that scrore are now weighted less and as such are worth less pp.
ShiiLovLovi
So you did that map on collab difficulty and before you played it you had 837pp but after you completed the map you got 1pp, but in your web profile it shows your supposed to gain 9pp.

:P :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Topic Starter
Zhie

ShiiLovLovi wrote:

So you did that map on collab difficulty and before you played it you had 837pp but after you completed the map you got 1pp, but in your web profile it shows your supposed to gain 9pp.

:P :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Yes. this is what was in the first place wondering. i never played that map and after i beat it i got 1pp but i was supposed to get that 9pp.
VeilStar
*Flips table*
Read everything that's been posted before again untill you understand how it works. Even if it takes a million times.
Bara-

VeilStar wrote:

*Flips table*
Read everything that's been posted before again untill you understand how it works. Even if it takes a million times.
Lol
The best thing is, this is true
- Marco -

VeilStar wrote:

*Flips table*
I have to print this post for myself
gregest

marcostudios wrote:

VeilStar wrote:

*Flips table*
I have to print this post for myself
print it and put it on a shirt
Bara-
Or on a pillow