forum

Need Help Breaking My Max Speed Barrier

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Krey
Hey everyone! This is my first post on the forums :)

Either way I have been playing osu! for quite a while now and I love it. I've been steadily progressing on the game since I first started, but now I think I've hit a huge wall.

If you look at my profile, I've been around ~25k for months now even though I play regularly... I just can't seem to play faster songs.
I do really well in songs below 4.5 stars, but anything even slightly above is out my reach just because my tapping speed is not fast enough.

I'm pretty confident in my cursor movements and so I believe that my fingers are the ones holding me back from progressing.
Here are my issues when songs start to get too fast (lots of single circles appearing):
-Fingers stiff up
-I tap too hard
-Tried alternating fingers, same issue

[EDIT] Also, I can no longer do some of the better songs that are on my Best Performance list, which is weird. I feel like I've gotten worst.
[EDIT.2] Is it normal to actually tap really hard on your keyboard when the beatmap starts to get fast, or am I supposed to learn how to control it?

Anyone faced this issue before? I'm kind of desperate since everyone is progressing except for me :(
ZenithPhantasm
Take a break. Then play more.
7ambda
Stop going so tryhard and play harder maps at a slow, progressive rate.
FieryLight
Well, your twitch doesn't have any past broadcasts so I can't say for sure, but it could just be your form. I know I used flex my fingers too far back on my upstroke and now I don't let it go past alignment with the rest of my hand so that's helped. You say you single tap, how do you do it? Do you use your finger, wrist or arm? You should use your wrist. Do you have any support for your arms? You should have something for your elbow to lean on for both sides so you don't fatigue as easily.
Topic Starter
Krey

FieryLight wrote:

Well, your twitch doesn't have any past broadcasts so I can't say for sure, but it could just be your form. I know I used flex my fingers too far back on my upstroke and now I don't let it go past alignment with the rest of my hand so that's helped. You say you single tap, how do you do it? Do you use your finger, wrist or arm? You should use your wrist. Do you have any support for your arms? You should have something for your elbow to lean on for both sides so you don't fatigue as easily.
You have a point. I did not think about how I position my hand so I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the tip! :)
idkfa lolz
just keep playing harder maps until you do well
might aswell try changing the angle of your tapping fingers or something, i realized my streaming gets faster when i sort of straighten my fingers, while i usually singletap faster when my hand looks like a claw kind of thing

maybe this sort helps you out aswell idk
Topic Starter
Krey

idkfa lolz wrote:

just keep playing harder maps until you do well
might aswell try changing the angle of your tapping fingers or something, i realized my streaming gets faster when i sort of straighten my fingers, while i usually singletap faster when my hand looks like a claw kind of thing

maybe this sort helps you out aswell idk
Yeah from the all the comments I've read so far I think that my finger positioning is the issue.

I've tested out a few games with a slight change in how I position my wrist, hand and fingers but the results are inconsistent. :|

I'll keep trying though so thanks for the tips so far everyone.