forum

[Archived] Black screen followed by crash using editor (Mac OS X)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DothThouHoist
Problem Details:
While i was opening the editor, it came out as a black screen (It's just a black screen with osu on full screen, don't think it needs a screenshot so yeah)
And then i dragged a .mp3 file, and it came back from the black screen. Cool and all, but then osu crashed when i clicked on the file (to edit it)

I'm using an outdated Mac OS X (10.6.8) So it may have something to do with that?
Wine doesn't seem to have any problems, I don't know if this is an error/bug. Or i did something stupid and i didn't realized it lol

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/g3r1y/5f999ad742.png

Error message:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #sn.#do.#J2b()
at #sn.#do.#Teb()
at #Lg.#Ng.#rs()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#zb.#jt(Object , EventArgs )
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at #tb.#Tb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
at #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )

osu! version: 20150203.7 (latest)
PizzaLovers007
Full screen doesn't work properly on mac. If you ever exit out of full screen, osu crashes. The editor doesn't work in full screen, thus it exits to windowed mode and crashes.
Topic Starter
DothThouHoist
And so is there a way to resolve this? I would really like to use the editor. Should i change my resolution or something? Thanks anyway though! :D
PizzaLovers007
Yeah, you'll just have to use the editor in windowed mode.