[invalid] /np doesn't work twice for the same map in different chats

posted
Total Posts
15
show more
Bara-
Intended
It's to prevent /np spam
Not sure if it's intended for different chattabs
Topic Starter
Hadis
But you get my point right? It is pretty annoying if you want to send 2(or more) friends a beatmap...
Famous
Just like baraatje123 said, it's to prevent spamming and no bug!
It is really annoying if you want /np a song to two different people but you can /np that song to one, then /np a whole different song to the other one and you are able to /np the song that you wanted to /np.
Topic Starter
Hadis
But that would result in more spam! Thats just dumb..
Famous

hadis1000 wrote:

But that would result in more spam! Thats just dumb..
Yes, but if you remove or set the limit higher, there's more spam too. I guess there is no real solution for it.
Topic Starter
Hadis

-Famous- wrote:

Yes, but if you remove or set the limit higher, there's more spam too. I guess there is no real solution for it.
It wouldn't if you would get silenced for exceeding the limit. Normal, not spamming users, shouldn't get punished for bad spam preventions!
Famous

hadis1000 wrote:

It wouldn't if you would get silenced for exceeding the limit. Normal, not spamming users, shouldn't get punished for bad spam preventions!
Well that's true~
Nathanael
You can just switch to another beatmap (and go back to the previous beatmap) to remove the cooldown.
The current limitation is fine.
Famous

Nathanael wrote:

You can just switch to another beatmap (and go back to the previous beatmap) to remove the cooldown.
The current limitation is fine.
Just like I said before. :P
Topic Starter
Hadis
I certainly don't think that the current limitation is fine since there are defenitely better(not punishing for the average user) ways to prevent spam from /np without increasing the ammount of spam(which I doubt is currently even that relevant).
You could just apply that limitation to public chats since players who are getting /np messages can just tell the other person to stop if they don't want to recieve those messages, and if you don't know the person who is spamming you can block them!
The current way of handling it is simply ineffective since the time it takes to post a beatmap into every public channel isn't increased by much and it confuses people who dont know about the limitation.
Nathanael
You can post that request at Feature Requests.
Topic Starter
Hadis
Well, that's an effective way to tell me "Nobody cares about that, go and submit your request"..
I'll post a request anyways, even though it will probably just rot somewhere in the depths of that forum. ._:

You can mark this thread as resolved now.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply