forum

Watch Video mode [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
po456asd
I want a video only [Watch MV] mode ;)

Comment 2 :
this map is not a vid - -

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/12416

i want record :D

Nexy wrote:

He wants to play the video, if the song has one. For example, the video of God Knows without any notes appearing.
awp
Moved and updated title.

Question: do you want this mode to also show gameplay being auto completed? Because there's a mod called Autoplay that does that. If you just want to hear music/watch video, that can typically be accomplished by watching the video outside of osu!, though I can understand the convenience factor involved in the request.
Cheery
Haha, why not just open the folder and open up the video and watch it? [:

Autoplay works for this too, like awp said.
LuigiHann
A lot of times (at least in the old days) mappers would disable the sound on the video file to decrease filesize. I don't know if people still do that but it's a smart thing to do.

Also, osu! goes to the results screen when the map ends, even if the video is still going, so people can miss out on the video there. I think that extended videos should be treated the same as SB outros, with a skip button.
qlum
Sakura
Aditionally the notes will be covering up the video, and spinners block the whole screen, which would lead me to think this is a nice idea, however most videos out there are usually on youtube too, so idk why bother with this
mm201

LuigiHann wrote:

Also, osu! goes to the results screen when the map ends, even if the video is still going, so people can miss out on the video there. I think that extended videos should be treated the same as SB outros, with a skip button.
Put an empty storyboard command (such as a move or fade with no filename specified) near the end of the map, at the time when you want the video to end.
LuigiHann

MetalMario201 wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

Put an empty storyboard command (such as a move or fade with no filename specified) near the end of the map, at the time when you want the video to end.
As a mapper I already know that, and as a player trying to watch videos on existing maps, it doesn't help me
mm201
Youtube
Derekku
awp
Oh wait a second this is theater mode

yeah I want this
Topic Starter
po456asd
hehe ^^ :lol:
Darkion_old
I don't get why this was put as invalid, it would ve nice to watch the video :P
XPJ38
Last edited by James2250 on 6 months ago, edited 3 times in total.
Denying as youtube etc would be easier and osu! isn't for watching videos.
Locking the thread to avoid any future necroposting.