forum

Very very late introduction.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TTGL
As you can see, I had actually joined 2 years ago; but never made a proper introduction ( I did make one but... I was different at that time so both of the introductions will be very different...) ANYWAY, so I'm Hawxx; I had played osu! standard for quite a while but ended up quitting for some reason ( not sure why ) I then came back the next summer ( last summer basically ) and then started playing osu!mania. So altogether I've played about 6 months, though I did have a 3 month "permanent quit" So as you can see I put that in quotes, reason why I put that in quotes is because I came back as you can see and have been playing again since December. Now deeper into why I quit; around last summer I was playing and improving like mad and got another friend interested in it, my friend learned much faster than me and we were at the same skill level already, he had played 2 weeks less than me. I then hit the 'wall', the wall that stops anymore improvement and literally makes you feel like you're getting worse, I wasn't playing very well for like a whole week and then decided that i'm done and I told him I quit; around that time my friend was much better than me. Then, 3 months later after reading up on some osu! news and shit I decided, "Hey, maybe I should give it another try?" Low and behold I go back and I am shit; but only for 2 days. After the few days of being sorta fresh and shitty I suddenly overtook my past self in a day, I suddenly broke all my scores and I was amazed; let's say after a week I took over my friend again; he couldn't keep up anymore and switched to standard osu! and then quit (sorta) So after that insane comeback I got shit loads of PP, I'm nearly hitting the 1,000 mark soon! I play nearly 1-2 hours daily ever since that comeback and I'm having more fun than ever, even though I still get frustrated a lot but I just come back again. Anyway that was my osu! story, I play exclusively 4k and slowly practicing 7k, I can play up to nearly 4 stars though it really depends on my mood and the patterns if I'm able to get an A or even an S on it. Now I guess that's me finished, I can't really say anymore except that I won't stop playing anytime soon.
Comcast
Awesome story! I too had my time of quiting... But I have been super active since November/December and I just started playing Osu!Mania as well. Maybe one day we'll play together. Enjoy the forums though, and welcome back!
Topic Starter
TTGL

Comcast wrote:

Awesome story! I too had my time of quiting... But I have been super active since November/December and I just started playing Osu!Mania as well. Maybe one day we'll play together. Enjoy the forums though, and welcome back!
I'm sure we will play together one day, though I spend most of my time in single-player but I do occasionally go on multiplayer.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Hi there! o/

I'm tempted to say 'welcome to osu!', but I guess that's not right, huh? :lol:

I think 'welcome back' would be proper in this situation! :D

Sometimes, breaks are all you need to break past the 'wall'. Glad to have another o!mania rival back in the game. :D
Topic Starter
TTGL

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Hi there! o/

I'm tempted to say 'welcome to osu!', but I guess that's not right, huh? :lol:

I think 'welcome back' would be proper in this situation! :D

Sometimes, breaks are all you need to break past the 'wall'. Glad to have another o!mania rival back in the game. :D
Oooo a rival huh? From the UK as well? Hopefully you won't overtake me but you never know what could happen haha, also what key mode do you play? Do you play all? Or just a single one or just a selection? I am too lazy to check profiles right now haha
a1l2d3r4e5d6

Hawxx wrote:

Oooo a rival huh? From the UK as well? Hopefully you won't overtake me but you never know what could happen haha, also what key mode do you play? Do you play all? Or just a single one or just a selection? I am too lazy to check profiles right now haha
I only play 4K and I focus most of my playing on osu! standard, so mania is kind of just second priority. :oops:

My only goal is to reach 25k rank at the moment (tough you've well passed that point :P ) and after that, maintain below 25k and improve.

You might have some time until I catch up. (like 10+ months xD)
Cerulean Veyron
Hello! Great intro, Hawxx~ Welcome to the forums!

Heheh, it's good to see you back in the addicting game o/ I'm bad at playing osu!mania, lol
Nathan
Welcome back Hawxx :3/
Raisha Millenia
Awesome intro~
welcome to the forums!
AJ-FreakS
That intro! I like it.
Welcome to the forums buddy! Have fun as always.
Hikona
Welcome to the forum :D
HaruryuuSan
is never late to introduce yourself

welcome~