forum

Override Custom Bubble/Note Skin to Default [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Nekoroll
I've searched for a while but couldn't find anything close to my concern. My apologies if I've overlooked a duplicate thread. :<

I think there should be an option in settings for you to keep your current skin during songs, even if the song's author has specifically set their own custom skin for the song's bubbles. I find myself being distracted and missing bubbles more often if a particular song has a different skin than what I've already gotten installed for osu.

I mean, I went through the list of skins to see what I like the best (and what I would have an easier time reading during gameplay), so why shouldn't I be able to keep it while I play a song even if the author wanted their own?

I know that sometimes the author sets their own custom skin for their song because they want to immerse the player in the mood or theme of the song, but I feel that there should be an option to override those author-specific custom bubble skins as well. Preference, you know?
Derekku
This request has been denied too many times to count on both of my hands. If there's a skin in a map, then that's how the creator intended for the song to be played. If there is anything ridiculously distracting, then it would have been caught during the modding stage. However, there is an option to override cursors with your own to at least help with that. You'll just need to get used to skins being in maps. =X