forum

[invalid] #mod channels

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Hikato
A quick idea for the channels since #mod was split:

How about making #modHelp and #modReqs open and close together?

Would be convenient and ideal.
Derekku
And just one single #mod channel could be listed in the +New channel dialog.

:>
mosluv
No support! Hate having unnecessary channels open.
Ekaru
Make #modHelp the one that's selected initially and this would work nicely (So "Hi!" doesn't clog up the request channel, and if someone tries to post a request in Help it usually gets redirected by what I've seen). Maybe a short "#modHelp - chat and ask questions about modding. #modReqs - Mod other people's maps and even ask for your own maps to be modded!" would help so the channels would be self-explained.

In other words, I support this. Nice idea!
Sakura
Since BanchoBot already redirects ppl to their language channel how about he redirects sum1 to #modRequests everytime they /np in #modHelp or any http://osu.ppy.sh/s/AnyNumber or http://osu.ppy.sh/b/AnyNumber
Ekaru
That's also a good idea, but only for the direct song links.

/np shouldn't redirect since people use it for lots of things like showing they're going to play/mod a map.
Sakura

Ekaru wrote:

That's also a good idea, but only for the direct song links.

/np shouldn't redirect since people use it for lots of things like showing they're going to play/mod a map.
ok +1 to that
On second thought ppl usually request mod with /np to begin with ehh, maybe its not a good idea after all
anonymous_old
You can just combine them so new features like this don't have to be added.
Kitsunemimi
I personally think that we don't need an additional channel (after all, it could get really abandoned in the first place)....And it's not like we get many 'help' requests as often as 'mod request' request. So I think it's fine the way it is, no need for additional channels.
Derekku

Harris73 wrote:

I personally think that we don't need an additional channel (after all, it could get really abandoned in the first place)....And it's not like we get many 'help' requests as often as 'mod request' request. So I think it's fine the way it is, no need for additional channels.
I don't think you understand why #mod was split into two channels in the first place.
mm201
#modReqs: Neglected mappers and Kudosu farmers helping each other out
#modHelp: Where you go when you're modding someone's map/having your map modded and want to discuss changes. (IRC modding)
Shohei Ohtani

MetalMario201 wrote:

#modHelp: Where you go when you're modding someone's map/having your map modded and want to discuss changes. (IRC modding)
Wat.

If you're IRC modding, generally most people do it via PM.
Derekku

CDFA wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

Wat.

Or just discuss it IN #modReqs. #modHelp doesn't seem to get filled with modding riff raff anymore.
Shohei Ohtani

Derekku Chan wrote:

CDFA wrote:

Wat.

Or just discuss it IN #modReqs. #modHelp doesn't seem to get filled with modding riff raff anymore.
What why in #modReqs. That's pretty much going to make it just like old #mod but in a different channel.
Derekku
^Well, a few times I've seen #modReqs get really slow and so a couple of people will post a few lines with small irc fixes or details (not like, an entire conversation or anything). But nonetheless...
Sakura
Back to the topic: Dont see why both should open at the same time, all the channels you were last in, open when you log in to osu! anyways, and i dont know if it can even be implemented considering IRC external clients and all that
mm201
And isn't the WHOLE POINT of multiple channels that you don't have to pay attention to both of them if you don't want to?
Sakura
And you dont have to if you dont want to, considering i'm the one compiling all the requests in #modReqs, you can just look at the topic if you want to take a request, right?
Derekku
Mmrf, I'm probably a hypocrite, but after thinking about this more I really don't see a point for it.

1) There's enough people bitching about having an extra, unwanted channel open.
2) Once a channel is opened, it stays open until it's closed. It's really not that hard to click a second channel box. =/
etc
Sakura

Derekku Chan wrote:

Mmrf, I'm probably a hypocrite, but after thinking about this more I really don't see a point for it.

1) There's enough people bitching about having an extra, unwanted channel open.
2) Once a channel is opened, it stays open until it's closed. It's really not that hard to click a second channel box. =/
etc
QFT
Ekaru
Clicking on an extra box once is lots of extra effort and people are entirely incapable of doing so.

No, but seriously, yeah, this isn't needed.

Would help to have a "Welcome to #modHelp! Post questions here, and mod requests in #modReqs!" though. That would actually be helpful.
Neo Adonis
Well. The channels have now different purpuoses, so they aren't related anymore.

Are you a mod and want to chat and help other modders or need ask questions? #modHelp
Do you need modding in your map? #modReq

Now they're different, and if you are user of both #modHelp and #modReq, one click more (OK, two) won't kill you. But...

Ekaru wrote:

Would help to have a "Welcome to #modHelp! Post questions here, and mod requests in #modReqs!" though. That would actually be helpful.
I agree.