forum

Windows 8.1 Variant of the BSoD...?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi
Today I was about to continue mapping an ad (yes an ad), when I realized my tablet isn't connected. Connected it, had to sign out of Windows to make sure it works, then I signed in again, and after a while...

I wonder what happened. This isn't really a BSoD.

BSoD for who dunno = Blue Screen of Death
IppE
Thats what bsod looks like on Win8.
Jetzy-Chan
Call microsoft tec support
realise they know nothing
get a mac. ;)
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi
Are you even waiting for Windows 10 to say that? Why would I buy a Mac just because of a BSoD?
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Yoeri
Reinstall your tablet driver
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi

BRBP wrote:

is that...

kirby?
No signs of Kirby in my room. :(

Yoeri wrote:

Reinstall your tablet driver
Lemme search for that code...
Kyonko Hizara
Maybe this could help you.
Friendan
Watchdog violation is nothing. Literally everyone I know gets them every once in a while
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Maybe this could help you.
No solid state drive sold in Egypt :P But I'll try Driver Reviver since Windows Update could start some chaos.
Vuelo Eluko

Friendan wrote:

Watchdog violation is nothing. Literally everyone I know gets them every once in a while
its fucking annoying though. sometimes its related to permissions and not just chance hangs
Lward53
Blue screens are aids. They are just the devolpers way of saying "We figured out a way to pop this message up, However we dont know how to fix it yet." Lol

On a side note Grave dig? only 4 days so i think not. (Considering this is also the off topic i think it'll be fine.)

Vuelo Eluko
i love how newer windows versions treat their users like children even to a point of it being a detriment, despite tech savvy-ness being way more common now than it used to be. It's way better to display more information related to the error at the blue screen since there's quite often no way to reach the dump file if shit is bad enough. Oh well. Better to just put a sad face there I guess. Error codes are scary and non user-friendly.
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi

Riince wrote:

Oh well. Better to just put a sad face there I guess. Error codes are scary and non user-friendly.
ikr
Actually, it was the only time my laptop got this BSoD lel. As of this post. So yeah, it's worth the sad face.
Birdy
Factorial
Like this one:
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi

Neil Leo wrote:

Like this one:
That's not Watchdog Violation...but yeah, that's what it is.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Fun fact: There is a utterly useless app in the windows store that displays this error:

*note that it's a dual monitor set up*
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Fun fact: There is a utterly useless app in the windows store that displays this error:

*note that it's a dual monitor set up*
  1. I know it's a dual monitor, there's a Desktop visible.
  2. 1600x900, nice!
  3. Doesn't sound like a real error. That's so sad.
Ekoro
the bsod on windows 8 looks less scarying :D
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi

Ekoro wrote:

the bsod on windows 8 looks less scarying :D
ikr
It's actually friendlier :D
Granger
All i think is that it is less informative. Fuck this smiley, i want to know what went wrong and where.
Factorial
When BSoD of Win10 is the same as Win8.1