forum

[added] Select volume controls with arrow keys

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
BBB
The new volume controls are cool, it would also be cool if you could select the control with left and right arrow keys.

Say you are on the main menu and push up/down. It will increase/decrease master volume. But that is all you can do with the arrow keys, if you hit left or right it changes the song.

So here is what I think would be cool. If you bring up the volume control, and then press left, it selects Effect Volume and you can change that. If you hit right, it selects Music Volume and you can change that. Obviously this would work during a beatmap too.

I like using the keyboard in menus as much as possible as opposed to the mouse and I think a lot of other people do too, so I would appreciate this feature :3
Bara-
Ctrl Shift scroll and some others trigger special volumes
It probably works for arrow keys as well
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Switch between volume controls using keyboard (left/right arrows). (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150203.2.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Bara-
Oeh nice
This is actually very handy, after re-reading the thread
I'm looking forward to see this (as I'm not at home)
Supairo
This is nice, since I'm used to the keyboard to change the volume, and this will make changing all of them easier because we won't have to go back to the main menu. But here is the problem: I'm used to the keyboard to change the volume. And for a mode like CtB, this can happen:Yes, I change the volume during gameplay. It stayed for a good 10 seconds before going away since the left and right keys not only moved my character, but switched between volume controls too. My advice for the moment: don't touch the volume control when playing a mode like CtB! Prefer using them during breaks or before the song begins.

version: b20150203.2cuttingedge (latest)
Nathanael
We shall mark this now as added.
Dynights
Just one things to say we can change it ? right ? we can modify the Volume style the colors on the skin or not ?
Bara-
No
You can't
This us the new volume changer
I'm not sure if this also is at Stable build, but if it's not, switch to stable
Dynights

baraatje123 wrote:

No
You can't
This us the new volume changer
I'm not sure if this also is at Stable build, but if it's not, switch to stable
it is on the stable ;w;
WujekGrzyb
New volume controls won't work during gameplay (on ctb). Please fix it, changing volume ingame is a necessary feature