forum

Fun new way to cooperatively play osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pokebis
So today I decided to try using a piece of paper and z/x to play osu! for some variety and to fix some of my old playing issues. While I was playing I had an idea. This is going to be a fun activity any of you fun-lovers can do as long as you have the required materials! Let's start by preparing the necessary materials.

Required items:
-A computer capable of running osu!
-osu! software
-Beatmaps for osu!
-A mouse
-A dance pad (DDR, PiU, ect.) capable of sending inputs to your computer
-A program like glovepie to translate dancepad inputs into keyboard/mouse presses
(Probably the most difficult for you to obtain):
-A friend (preferably one who is willing to do this activity and is skilled at osu! or other rhythm games)

Now that we've gathered the proper materials, let's start this fun activity!
First we'll need to hook up the dancepad to the computer (USB, Bluetooth, ect.). I have a couple Playstation 2 DDR controllers and a PS2 to USB converter so that's what I use. Then you'll need to open up your program that can translate any input into keyboard/mouse presses and map the dancepad's arrow buttons into inputs that are used in osu! to "click" beats (usually Z/X and mouse1 and mouse2) If you have issues doing this, look for an online tutorial on how to do this with your software.
Second, you'll need to prepare your friend. Your friend can be placed on either the dance pad or a proximity near your mouse and given control of the mouse.
The third and simplest step is to simply play the game! You or your friend is controlling the mouse putting it over the beats on the screen and the other player is "clicking" them with the dance pad! This is a great trust excessive and can tighten the bonds of relationships. Have fun!

Note: You can only be logged onto one account at a time. I am not responsible for any accuracy loss.
awp
ddr in taiko mode would be good exercise
Guy-kun

awp wrote:

might try this later
Faust

awp wrote:

DDR dance pad inputs for Taiko Mode? Might be a good idea, since DDR is already being used as part of Physical Education in some countries. I can only imagine that.
Nachy
Just tried it with my brother, it's pretty awesome and fun lol
Rolled
I tried this with rockband 2 drums + taiko but it's wireless, and the lag was anywhere from like 100-200ms. Didn't feel like fussing with it enough to get it playable.
MMzz

OH-SHI- wrote:

awp wrote:

DDR dance pad inputs for Taiko Mode? Might be a good idea, since DDR is already being used as part of Physical Education in some countries. I can only imagine that.
I play DDr in gym everyday.
I'm geetting better :D
Topic Starter
Pokebis

MittenMasterzz wrote:

I play DDr in gym everyday.
I'm geetting better :D
If I had a Gym with a DDR machine I'd totally "work out."
Umandsf
A friend of mine has a full-size DDR stage thing in his room. I'm surprised I haven't used it. (A little late now, since classes will be over in a couple of weeks and I graduate after.)
Jsrf38
Sounds pretty awesome O.O I should try this sometime.
DeletedUser_151115
a
gat1toneku
would like to see how to handle deathstreams in this mode, lol