forum

How did you get to know osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
29iA
For one, I just wanted to post a random sentence to get goods 8-) , and 2nd, oddly enough I found this game while I'm browsing MMO website :| kinda weird that it pops out of nowhere :)
-Soba-
I found this game through my brother who found this game by talking to a few European Rumble Fighter players.
Cremelime
Playing on NDS then googleing also found it on youtube :3
Ramellu
One of my fellow mmorpg buddies mentioned it when we were chatting xD
ShirokiTsubasa
i found osu! when browsing for random stuff in a forum. im interested when reading the thread title.
read the description...
thinking...
interested!
download it n playing immediately :D
found this enjoyable n i cant stop playing this game.
i just played for 3 days n still want for more :p
Sander-Don
my brother told me about it.
xsrsbsns
An internet friend from Europe told me.

No one knows/plays osu! in my area.. :|
Riik_old
An online friend kept bugging me to get it, even though I insisted I was content with audiosurf because I could play that to any song I wanted...

Then I finally tried Osu! and I'm obsessed >.>
Vext_old
I believe it went like this.

*watches caramelldansen video on youtube* >>> *Related video* "ohhh" *click* >>> O_O.... >>> *click click* "osu.ppy.sh" >>> nom nom nom
iAsian
My favourite SC2 player KawaiiRice pops open up osu! for a good half hour or so before he plays Starcraft. Now, so do I :D
BrightBlueInk
I played EBA and loved it, but lost my DS so I haven't been able to play it recently. Then I saw a video on YouTube of someone playing the Madoka Magica OP and googled the game to find out what it was...I was sold pretty quickly.
arien666
Just saw some playing and joined :3
ouranhshc
youtube'd TERRA and came across the marathon
TTTTTTTTTTTT
a friend of mine recommend osu for me
Moefu_old

TTTTTTTTTTTT wrote:

a friend of mine recommend osu for me
Same as TTTTTTTTTTTT
NixXSkate
I was lookin for the Nightcore III version of Ass Up on youtube, saw a replay of osu, and thought it looked really fun so I downloaded.
naira-chan
I found osu! when I was lurking in YT, searching Romeo x Cinderella songs/covers. Then I found a video which the YTber plays osu! using Romeo x Cindrella song (nico nico chorus)... :D
-----
browsing a forum thread on other website about this game :P
Akai-Moeru
I happened to find a video of someone playing Osu on youtube and I was instantly interested in playing it myself, even if it took months for me to realize that it's also for computers and that it's free.
silmarilen
somebody posted a link of someone playing ass up on an other forum (for the song, not for the game) but i like it and tried it out.
RekjESUS
When i watched Zetta play it irl
Ikillforpies
I told my friend i was bored (which i do to everyone in my friend list xD)
then she show me osu
ever since then i love osu <3
Kurowolfe

Rokodo wrote:

I found osu! when I was looking for a free taiko no tatsujin gameplay simulator. :)
Same here, but in my case, I found it in a related Youtube video.
chibivero
found osu! via YouTube when I was searching for a To Aru Majutsu no Index opening song.
Got addicted to it ever since XD
auroraflow12
i found osu! when i was bored. i was looking up gameplays of EBA(elite beat agents) and Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan in youtube, then i checked some related vids, and found a random osu! gameplay of caramelldansen. ever since then, i got addicted to this game.
boat
That faggot IppE, I believe he showed me some video and asked me to play a few games with him.

After a while I realized how easy it would be to snatch that one toplist spot in sweden and rankwhored my way up to #1.
meiikyuu
sibling showed me xD
mathexpert
How did you get to know osu?
...well, it's a long and complicated affair, but i'm quite glad that I met her.
ampzz
Random recommendation from a personal friend, after he started coming out of the closet at being an otaku as well.
Sat down; watched him play it and asked if it was free with a lot of content... which brings us to where I am now. :D
LunarSakuya
Neuexter
IppE

failboat wrote:

That faggot IppE.
:3c
Cygnus
Found it on someones replay at Youtube. That time i thought it was impossible on how people stream at 250BPM using mouse. lol
BeatofIke
I discovered osu! on Flash Flash Revolution Thread named "osu! — Rhythm is just a click away!" (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz ... p?t=120215) Eventually, I decided to try the game out! The game is awesome and possibly the hardest rhythm game I ever played! Not ever in over 6 years of rhythm gaming did I ever heard of a Drain Meter that drains constantly and you must prevent it from draining all the way down to zero to pass the song.
AfroPriest
Browsing you tube.
Hello there sir common
Ayukawa Tenri
Watched some guy play it on YouTube, didn't get into it until I played Osu Tatakae Ouendan and EBA.
m2m42
Might as well make my 1st post here ;P
I discovered osu! from my girlfriend (now ex :P)

Full of it is, we were always bored, nothing to do, (it was a long distance relationship) so one day, probably in march or april, she told me about osu! kinda, I wanted to know more, she said look it up on youtube, I found the Don't Stop Me Now video with the Phoenix Wright SB and I said, LOL I think I know this game, cause of Phoenix Wright of course, was totally wrong but still glad she told me about it. Later on of course, she challenged me to a few maps, found it fun, then I got better and she got mad at me for being better than her (LOL) and we kinda stopped playing together, but I continued on my quest of osu! and almost a year later, here I am, posting my first post, (She never told me about the forums, so believe it or not, I never really looked at them until today). :D

Thanks if you read all that. :D
Drexel13
From my junior high school friend, William (sorry to say thy name, William)..
But, I start play osu! when in senior high school..
Elit3noob
My little sister found a quite interesting vid on YouTube. It was 'Top 20 players of 2010 of osu!' or something..
-Athena-
from my elite research as an otaku XD
nah just saw a video of someone fc'ing nana mizuki phantom minds insane diff on youtube and was instantly hooked
sort of made it my mission to FC that as well XD (i'm getting close)
Tapple_old
Through my brother who found it through a friend. :)
show more